KES Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lex

Re: KES Results

Post by lex »

We didnt really think about the results until Friday night and didnt sleep to well ,I think the not knowing is the big frustration. The hardest part is we have twins so there is a number of out comes
mad?

Post by mad? »

ok1 wrote:mad?

That sounds like a very tempting offer, just what I was after :-) :-) unfortunately only one DS but I can feel the next instalment of madness due around GCSE result time. If that is still convenient for you :-)

At this moment I can gather just enough strength to say thanks :-) :-) :-)
I am sure we will not have got any of those jobs doen by then so book it in!
mad?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

poiuyt wrote:Umsusu is good for intro into scramble; here is hoping they were posted second class on Friday
Excuse me?!!! I think I just thrashed you? I nearly had Reeyah too but she beat me by 10 points.

Re: KES, would a first class on saturday, not get here Monday? Although somehow, I doubt they would bother to go to work on a saturday to post the letters - which means Tuesday. Oh I don't know!!!!

I should say, I am much more relaxed. It has shown me that I don't have any power over what goes on: I can't even control which day I open the letter.......

To those who are still anxious, I hope the time passes quickly for you. I guess ok1 will be out until tomorrow afternoon any after all his/her(?) antics today. I admit I thought those of you who had interviews would be more relaxed as you are pretty much garunteed a place, but I suppose if the offer of an AP/scholarship means the difference between being able to accept the place or face the dilemma of rejecting it, then you have a lot on the line. So, good luck to all: let's hope you are put out of your misery tomorrow.
UmSusu
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

We are letting you win...
Good luck for this week
bubblebug

Post by bubblebug »

I have convinced myself that they were posted out late on Friday and they will be here tomorrow! I hope everyone has a good night and we all have a great outcome and all the hard work by both the boys and the parents pays off :)

Good Luck to all
lex

Post by lex »

I do hope you are right because we dont want to go through all this again tomorrow night, good luck everyone
um

Post by um »

The school clearly stated that offer letters are sent First Class.
I don't think they will renege on that statement, especially given their pricey stationery.

Therefore they were not posted on Friday.

There are 2 options now:

1) The admissions administrative staff came into work on Saturday (which I guess is not a usual work day) just to post our letters
2) They will be posted first class tomorrow, arriving with us on Tuesday.

I imagine Mrs Phillips will be inundated with calls tomorrow - she may just be sensible enough to let it all ring to answerphone :lol:
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

There is a third option, which is that they were posted on Friday as promised, but didn't quite squeeze them into the post box before 5.30 pm so they got collected on Saturday. In this scenario you may get them tomorrow.
lex

Post by lex »

Not sure they would put over 600 in a post box? I would also think that there post is collected by the post office
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

um wrote:There are 2 options now:

1) The admissions administrative staff came into work on Saturday (which I guess is not a usual work day) just to post our letters
2) They will be posted first class tomorrow, arriving with us on Tuesday.
Mrs Phillips is definitely working on Saturday mornings!!! I missed the call from her for the interview on a Saturday morning... And when I left her the day of the interview (Friday lunchtime), she told me they would still have interviews the next morning (i.e. Saturday morning)!!
So the letters might have been posted on Saturday... :D

Personally, though I would like to know the outcome, I am a bit relax despite this letter meaning for us the difference between being able to accept the place or face the dilemma of rejecting it :( . Who said that only the British were phlegmatic??
I even promised my DS to wait for him to open the letter :shock: No, no, I am not intending to use some water vapour to peep into the envelope before hometime from school!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: We'll be over the moon together , or disappointed at the same time... :roll: