KES : Good news

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UmSusu

KES : Good news

Post by UmSusu »

Before you all congratulate me, I would just say there is no need as we didn't get a place. But strictly no commiserations allowed on this thread (you can do that on the other one now).

We have only had bad news on the forum so far - I suppose those with good news are too busy celebrating to be here - but when you do come, I was hoping a good news thread would make it less awkward to share your joy (as you should :D ).

News of APs/Scholarships very welcome and you should feel free to boast!
UmSusu
reeyah

Re: KES : Good news

Post by reeyah »

love this thread UmSusu!

Please do share your good news :) .... unless the good news envelopes have been delayed?!
bubblebug

Post by bubblebug »

OMG.....he has done it... a big envelope! I am shaking....
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Congratulations to you both :D . Very competitive to get in, so well done to him.

Any more news anyone?
UmSusu
anxious_mother

Post by anxious_mother »

Hi Reeyah and UmSusu,
We did have a big envelope but I'm not jumping around because it is as good as not having it. The fees are extremely high and there is no way we can afford it. So that makes it 2 full fee paying seats so far :cry: :(
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

bubblebug wrote:OMG.....he has done it... a big envelope! I am shaking....

I am shaking with you!!!!! woo hoooo!!! :D :D :D :D
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

anxious_mother wrote:Hi Reeyah and UmSusu,
We did have a big envelope but I'm not jumping around because it is as good as not having it. The fees are extremely high and there is no way we can afford it. So that makes it 2 full fee paying seats so far :cry: :(
ah, bittersweet letter for you then... I would be inclined to appeal on that one! I am sure something can be done for TWO fee paying students...

Good Luck!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Congratulations anxious_mother :D . I know it might mean your DS cannot take up the offer, but achieving a place is a victory in itself and he can always own that - children are much more able to understand that certain things are not affordable than we give them credit. It also bodes well for next weeks results.
UmSusu
ok1

Post by ok1 »

Many thanks UmSusu for setting this thread up, has taken some uneasiness away. Appreciate this is a sensitive time, and sincerely feel for those who did not get the news they were after. I write with some hesitation with fused feelings of joy and guilt but here goes:

Just a few words to share some good news and congratulate DS for attaining a full KES scholarship and also awarded a bursary/AP. Struggling to believe the news as it is still sinking in, we heard about such dual awards but never expected such an offer would actually materialise - very surreal.

The shock of achieving such an offer is greater due to an incident last year, when in a panicked state we approached a well known birmingham tutor, who point blank stated that DS was not of grammar school calibre. She refused to assist in any way stating that there was no way, in the time left, he would have a chance of getting a place, no matter what we did. We were told resolutely that it was too late for him to be applying himself for grammar and furthermore DS “did not show the potential needed”. It seemed like all hope was lost but we still believed that he could do it.

The experience left us upset and angry at both tutor and ourselves for being unprepared, on reflection, not sure how way leads onto way but in some way, this may have been the very catalyst that propelled DS. I fondly recall waking up early one Sat and finding DS in the study who got up early to go through some questions that he got wrong the day before, and did not finish until he got the right answer, not sure where he gets this die hard determination as it certainly is not from us.

My only advice is never say never, and dread to think how many parents may have yielded to her verdict and given up.

There are many of you to thank for the generous support and selfless assistance shown to others, if it was not for this forum then we would be truthfully lost. We stumbled on this forum by chance which has turned out to become the central force in our 11+ preparation, and will be eternally indebted to the many contributors for their advice.

Cross emotions, mixing elation with sadness for those that did not get the news they were after, thoughts and prayers are with you. I believe everything happens for a reason, and repeat that no one knows which way the wind will blow next, but wish it carries you to your destination; 1st March is not far away.

Best regards to all.

ok1

(off to get some ladoos)
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

many congrats ok1
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now