Mother of dilemas!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dilema

Re: Mother of dilemas!!!!

Post by dilema »

Hi guys

Forgot to mention we have 3 other children. 12g 10g and 6b. And we live pretty close to central London nr Hyde park. Our eldest daughter is in a superb school in south west London and yes she is striving there and it would be very difficult for us to uproot her.

Its only been a couple of days and we are yoyoing by the hour! I just can't imagine rejecting the place as I grew up in the area and over the yrs witnessed so many failures and so few accepted places. We have till the 16th all advice will be gladly received :roll:

Thanks for all the comments keep them coming!
ok1

Post by ok1 »

Interesting thread, very odd as my inlaws moved from west london to bham 2 years ago, the main reason cited was the wide selection of opportunities available here in the midlands. I suppose the influx of people puts a strain on many services such as schools and hospitals, and greater London probably has a much higher intake than other areas.

I do not envy you, and a very difficult decision, weighing many factors, but in reality only you can actually make the final decision, by weighing the pros and cons. In situations like this I resort to the trusted paper and pen and actually write down all options and impacts, helps me to assess the situation in a better light, may be of some benefit, as I find keeping it all swirling in the head does not help at all.

Best of luck

ok1
superdad

Post by superdad »

After reading your story, maybe, you as a family need to consider why you moved to London in the first place. The main reason was education. Unfortunately, in London the competition is much higher than the west midlands. In the future, your DS will have to apply to university, it will then not become a choice of simply moving to better location to gain advantage. He will be challenged by the best students in the country. So, is it not your choice, that you are in a very good position to put your other DS/DD in better schools in London. Remember the saying ' it is better to let go of one than the many'. You will financially lose out and DD, who is in a very good school, will resent moving back to birmingham for your DS. I suggest DS takes the 13 plus exams and gets into a good London school. Remember, if he got into KES, it is possible to get into London indie because he beat over 500 students, already.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now