Results thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
poppit

Re: Results thread

Post by poppit »

Oh no! :shock: So Um might have to extend the countdown for a random amount of time. It seems that Birmingham LEA have a plan to spin this out as long as possible. :cry:
KE hopeful

Post by KE hopeful »

I just checked 2 years ago for DD when her email was sent out and it was 12.06 so not too much of a wait. But we found out earlier then that anyway.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thank you footballdad for taking the time to remember us - it seems you might still bear the scars of your experience :D .

I will be so glad when this is all over. Once I know the results, even if it isn't what I hoped for, we can start to plan ahead based on facts - rather than on dreams.

Either way, this is an exciting step for them as they enter 'big school' and start to make plans and we should all take time to appreciate this step. I would just like to document that I am very proud of the way my DS stepped up to this challenge and gave it his very best until the end. He showed me that despite his jolly giant appearance, he is mature, hard-working and determined and I am very proud of the leaps he made just to get to the exam.

On a more depressing note, he came back today telling me that one of his friends who is waiting for results was not at school today because his mother just died. Although I didn't really know her, I am quite numb with the shock and realised how we take so many things for granted, especially the health and presence of those we love. We plan so far ahead and get so fixated with the outcome. Of course, the reason we want the right school etc is for the future and well-being of our children, but at the end of the day we must make sure that appreciate what we have right now as we never know what tomorrow might bring.

Good luck to all those waiting.
UmSusu
poppit

Post by poppit »

KE Hopeful - Thanks for that glimmer of hope, patience really isn't one of my strong points.

UmSusu - Oh that poor child, how terrible.
um

Post by um »

Just called admissions. They said that this year, the online admissions website would not be updated until 330pm tomorrow and that emails would be sent during the day tomorrow. I live in hope...but she said not to wait up tonight.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

In that case, it seems pointless to wait up. Oh well..............
UmSusu
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Umsusu it's the aftershocks seems it takes time to get it out ones system.
Also let's hope everyone who applied online gets an email at 24:00:01
marma

Post by marma »

um wrote:Just called admissions. They said that this year, the online admissions website would not be updated until 330pm tomorrow and that emails would be sent during the day tomorrow. I live in hope...but she said not to wait up tonight.
Yes I was told that too .. Not to wait up
! Does that mean the chances of receiving anthing just after midnight is very slim??
marma

Post by marma »

Umsusu.. That poor child!!!! Yes that sort of news does put things into perspective :(
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Similar system in London also....my niece is expecting her gs results (probably in the evening). :roll:
If you applied on-line, an email will be sent (at some point), tomorrow afternoon for you to check.

Last year, everyone just logged on at the same time....

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now