Does anyone uses green bus FW2 service for KES?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sbh

Does anyone uses green bus FW2 service for KES?

Post by sbh »

DS managed to get place in KES. I’m trying to workout travel arrangements from Ward End / Stechford to KES. I do know that there is no dedicated green bus for KES, however I’ve been told that the green bus FW2 service goes pass the KES. I would appreciate any feedback/comments/ advise from anyone who is using this service for KES.
mike1880

Re: Does anyone uses green bus FW2 service for KES?

Post by mike1880 »

How close to the station are you? Train into New Street then another one out to University.

Mike
sbh

Post by sbh »

Mike,
We are about one mile from the station.DS has to catch a bus to the station and then two trains, which is going to be bit too much for him in first year. I want to use the green bus for first year (if possible) and use trains or other buses later on, once he is bit comfortable with travelling on his own.
um

Post by um »

Did you attend the induction day?

I understand that a few parents travel to KES from your area and thereabouts.
I remember a few years ago one lady from Alum Rock won an AP place at KES for her son. My husband met someone the other day from Erdington with children at KES.

I would be surprised if parents don't have some sort of lift/minibus system that runs through the Hodge Hill/Ward End area. Perhaps the school can help you with some contacts?
sbh

Post by sbh »

Unfortunately we missed the induction evening, as we were recovering from jetlag, after returning from the umrah trip a day earlier.

To be honest with you, I did not think about the minibus/ lift share option. I would appreciate if some one could pass on any information minibus/ lift share, if they have.