Transport to Handsworth Boys from Solihull

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
twinsmom11

Transport to Handsworth Boys from Solihull

Post by twinsmom11 »

Hi

I am sure there would be some parents who are living in Solihull area but got a place in HGS or KEHGS. I am wondering if I can find a taxi share for my DS which can avoid him commuting daily on two different buses!! Given my DS wandering nature, I won't be surprised if he finds himself in front of shop windows looking at the Gadgets and completely forgetting the school :roll: And Green bus option is not looking very bright with the news of increased rates :oops:

Thanks in anticipation :D
reeyah

Re: Transport to Handsworth Boys from Solihull

Post by reeyah »

Hi Twinsmum :-)

Sorry I can't help you there, but I hope someone comes along soon!

Would a taxi, even if shared, work out more or less the same as the Green Bus?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It is quite a way! I suspect some might use the train from Solihull to Jewellry quarter and then the bus. Other option might be to go for the Green bus for the first year and then when he gets more confident see about trains / buses other options including Taxis when he gets to know some other people.
um

Post by um »

Until last year, there was a Green bus to HGS which ran down Stratford Rd through Solihull and then through Hall Green, etc. But it no longer runs.

I know of one boy in Hall Green who gets the bus to the city centre, then the tram - although he may have left and gone to Uni now.

When we researched the options to HGS for ds2, we did actually find that it was a very long journey, and we had to take into account his travel sickness too - that is the reason he didn't take the test.
However I know of a few boys who are very happy there.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

um wrote:Until last year, there was a Green bus to HGS which ran down Stratford Rd through Solihull and then through Hall Green, etc. But it no longer runs.

They are still showing the AH5 http://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/route_map/AH/AH5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; bit of a tortuous route :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now