KE: Highest Mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: KE: Highest Mark

Post by hermanmunster »

Dibble wrote:
faitaccompli wrote:To be fair, Dibble, the original post was very different to the one you are now looking at, and I was a little taken aback at it. The revise post is really quite different!
Thanks, I do hate the editing feature in forums – though replies with correct quoting can help a lot. Oh, the happy days of Usenet when you just couldn’t get away with that sort of thing :-/

Would it be an improvement to prevent editing, perhaps allowing deletion? Overkill probably.

I did notice the OP edited but I’d like to let my reply stand intact for the minute because the relevant editing and posting times support that. I’m happy to be told otherwise too.
Hi Dibble - yes it was an unfortunate first post from someone registering just to quote scores. As I pointed out scores at entrance schools rarely make much difference in the long run.

In some areas where all but a pass is needed we deliberately delete any reference to the score unless it is related to possible appeal (and post warnings for days before), posting of any other scores is just irrelevant and disheartening to those appealing.

re editing - occasionally people write things that really do not need to be there eg their kids names / other people's names / comments about teachers etc etc - mods can't be rushing around editing every time there is a panicky private message where they are concerned about what they have written and he has to be sorted NOW. Enough to do with those who don't realise what they have put is inappropriate.

The Birmingham forum has been a bit "edgy" this year. There is always somewhere :roll: Never mind, the best people will stay behind and chat, like at the best parties. Some of us are still trying to find the door out - but stay chatting as the kids do GCSEs A levels etc etc
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

It might be just my imagination (just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean you're NOT all out to get me...) or has EVERYONE now edited their posts? I'm sure none of it looks much like it did last time I read this one. Herm, perhaps it's time to lock this one and put it behind us.

Mike
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Only one post edited :mrgreen:

anyway .. perhaps a thread best left to quietly fade away.... will lock it unless anyway feels very strongly about it :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now