Priory School - what do you think?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

poppit

Priory School - what do you think?

Post by poppit »

Hello

Do you have any knowledge of the Priory School? We are thinking of transferring DS2 there from Y3 as he is bright but dyslexic and they have a reputation of being a main stream school with good dyslexic support. Ultimately I would love it if he could progress enough so that by Y6 he was in a position to realistically try for a grammar school place.

If you would prefer to share your views via PM that would be welcome too.

Thanks
poppit
reeyah

Re: Priory School - what do you think?

Post by reeyah »

Hi Poppit :-)

I don't know anyone who is dyslexic that attends Priory, but I do know a friend's daughter did exceptionally well there and has now gained a place a KECH. They couldn't fault the school and even considered rejecting the offer from KE!

Also, doesn't JC's ( chief master at KES ) have a son in the juniors there?
poppit

Post by poppit »

Thanks Reeyah

That is a lovely insight, and just the sort of thing I was looking for. :D That is quite an accolade for the Priory.

Although my DS has dyslexia I want to know that if he makes the progress I believe/hope he is capable of (which will need the right help), that he would be in a school that will boost his self confidence and show him how he can excel like any other child. I don't want dyslexia to limit his horizons.

Thanks again.
isymum

Post by isymum »

Hi Poppit, my daughter has been offered a late entry into the Priory, and I have to admit, the pastoral care offered by the staff at Priory is good. The day my DD went in, she was upset, but within the hour I had a call, reassurring me that my DD is doing fine. I went back to the open day, and found it extremely welcoming. My DD is starting Year 7 this September.

I have a friend's son who also attends there Year 4 with dyslexia, and he is thriving there. My friend tells me that his confidence has come a very long way, and achieved so much whilst starting Priory last year. Hope this helps :D
poppit

Post by poppit »

Thanks Isymum

Hot off the press, the decision has been made, my son will be joining the Priory too - confirmation form sent in only yesterday! My son would benefit greatly from a confidence boost, and if his experience is like that of your friend's son I will be very happy indeed.

How was your daughter after the sample day at the school? My DS2 was very happy and bouncy wearing 4 different stickers as badges of honour! But he is now starting to feel nervous now about the big move.

poppit
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now