KE Fiveways Uniform and sports kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
busybees

KE Fiveways Uniform and sports kit

Post by busybees »

Hi

We got open evening next week at school to get the uniform, I was wondering if anyone can suggest where else you can get the uniforms for. I called couple of local school uniform shops but they dont stock them.

I wanted to avoide going to school as i beleive it will be a mad rush as lot of parents will be there and also need to buy the day uniform and sports kit from 2 different supplier.

If anyone already been in the same situation and knows of the places locally to hall green please let me know.

Many Thanks
KenR

Re: KE Fiveways Uniform and sports kit

Post by KenR »

You can buy 5-ways uniform from Clive Marks, Poplar Road, King Heath - but to be honest it's worthwhile waiting till the open evening as there are a few suppliers there and they have offers - specially for sports kit.

Just make sure you measure then up first
yummymummy

Post by yummymummy »

You can also try Early Years located on the stratford road in Shirley, they cater for all KE schools.
um

Post by um »

Early Years, Shirley, don't sell FW uniform, which is strange as many children from Solihull attend FW.

I am assuming that the school receives some sort of % profit from uniform sales on parents' evening, which may be one reason they encourage parents to buy from there. Although I do think it is better to have the child with you to try on the uniform! Sizing can vary between brands.
busybees

Post by busybees »

Thank you for the replies. I will try going to school next week. I called Clive marks kings heath and eary years.

Eary years dont do the FW and Clive Marks kings heath dont stock much so have to go to their other branch close to school.
koala

Post by koala »

Busybees, I went to the FW school uniform evening last year. We bought a blazer, tie and sports kit - I found it very useful to get most of the uniform in one go so you can forget about it over the summer hols. Both suppliers for blazers and sports kit are there and it was useful to have DC with me so that I purchased the right size. Got there about 4.00pm when it was fairly quiet but it started getting busy as we were leaving. Would highly recommend Year 6 parents going as the suppliers have plenty of staff to help and make it as quick and efficient as possible for us parents. Best of luck and enjoy!
poppit

Post by poppit »

Thanks for the tips Koala. Looking through the uniform list I noticed that the school track suit was optional - I am assuming they do play outside in winter so in reality it could only be optional for incredibly hardy children? Or are they saying that any tracksuit is OK?

poppit
koala

Post by koala »

I personally would not buy track suit. They tend to wear rugby (or outdoor) shorts outside. I purchased another pair of rugby socks and an extra indoor top at a later date online (but my DC like sport and do lots of it). Koala
poppit

Post by poppit »

Thanks Koala.
busybees

Post by busybees »

Thank you Koala and Poppit. Will be going tomorrow. My son prefers tracksuit to shorts so will be asking at school what they suggest.

See you tommorrow poppit if you coming too :)