Induction Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
New_KEFW_Parents

Induction Day

Post by New_KEFW_Parents »

KenR, you're probably the most appropriate person to answer the question regarding the forth coming induction day at KEFW. I have two choices (I think), for getting my son to the induction day at KEFW on July 4th. I can either drive him to school and collect him after, or let him go by the Gren Bus. Do you have any recommendations? If I let him travel with the green bus, do I need to phone the company well in advance, hoping that they will pick him up the appropriate bus stop.

Your views and thoughts are welcome. What arrangements did you make last year?

Thanks in Advance
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi

Would definitely recommend letting your son go by the Green Bus. It's a great way for them to meet other pupils and 'old hands' are briefed to be on the lookout for induction day pupils and help.

You don;t have to pay or book in advance to use the Green Bus - your son just has to turn up on the day with a copy of his induction letter - Green Bus Drivers are briefed to allow this.

The Green Buses are easy to spot - the only one that doesn't have the distinctive livery is the 881 which is usually a First (Redditch) double decker bus.

They stop at any bone-fide bus stop on the route, not just the main time points.

Regards
jah

Post by jah »

I don't know if at KEFW you pick up uniform on induction day. If so, it is worth picking your child up to make sure all the uniform gets home!!! But go on bus in the morning.

:D
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Jah et al

No there is a separate Uniform purchase evening at KEFW - on induction day you just go in your existing junior school uniform
KenR

Post by KenR »

Any new KEFW parents might be interested in the following alternative pupil view of the Induction Day

http://www.ke5ways.bham.sch.uk/sections ... upils.html
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

KenR wrote:Any new KEFW parents might be interested in the following alternative pupil view of the Induction Day

http://www.ke5ways.bham.sch.uk/sections ... upils.html
Very re-assuring, a lot of the document deals with transfer concerns that all children have.

Word of warning it is a 9MB file which crashed my PC. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now