It will be interesting this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Elbart

It will be interesting this year

Post by Elbart »

Now that the exams are almost upon us it will be interesting to see how things pan out and to see if the new schedule will have an impact on the pass mark for schools - I feel that they may fall a little.

p.s. - anyone heard that the exams may be moved to July ( - don't forget this is just a rumour !)

Elbart
mike1880

Re: It will be interesting this year

Post by mike1880 »

July would be infintely more sensible for so many reasons, but I know nothing about it.

I suspect that the score for CHB will drop. I haven't any firm ideas about the others, I imagine we could see the scores for some of the other boys schools rising if people discount CHB at the outset and put one of the others down as first choice instead.

The scores for the girls schools are already lower than they "should" be statistically so I'm not sure whether they would fall.

Mike
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: It will be interesting this year

Post by DIY Mum »

Moved to July? :shock: Well if there is a consultation period between Nov-March 1st, we'll know for sure.

July sounds much better than September... but probably a nightmare, I would imagine, for secondary schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now