11+ preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shital

11+ preparation

Post by shital »

Hi every one, i m really woried about my son's prepration for the 11+. He is in year 5 now, When can i start doing the practice papers. He is the first chid so i dont know much about it and i dont want miss any chance. Pleasr give me a good advice to push him through.
Thanks.
patricia

Re: 11+ preparation

Post by patricia »

Firstly welcome to the forum.

It would be helpful if you could tell us which area/school you are applying for.

Patricia
shital

Post by shital »

Hi we live in Birmingham and for my son it will be the king adward schools. camp hill will be the first choice but u know that is really compatitive. He is trying his best but i need a guidance from experience people. We got private tuition for him as well.I am really hoping that people will understand and will help me. I will appricate for your advice. Thanks. I do work full time as well so its really hard but i manage and orgnice things very well.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

There's lots of information in the B'ham section...which books to use, subject areas tested in the exam, techniques, rant sharing etc, etc, etc !
shital

Post by shital »

Hi DIY MUM, what do mean by Bham section.
He is in year 5 now, when can start doing the past papers, he is doing the bond books at the moment (10-11+). Any particular past papers can use in our (bham) area???
patricia

Post by patricia »

If you scroll further down the front page of the forum you can see various regions of the country.

The following link will take you straight to the Birmingham section.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
shital

11+

Post by shital »

patricia wrote:If you scroll further down the front page of the forum you can see various regions of the country.

The following link will take you straight to the Birmingham section.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
oh thats really good. Thanks
Now when can i start doing past papers???? My son he is in year 5 now.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Shital

Past papers are not available for the King Edward exams. Never have been released. There is a sticky at the top of the Birmingham section which shows what type of questions have turned up in exams over the years.

What you can do if you wish is around this time next year, when he is in year 6 to sit mock exams offered by various 'businesses' around Birmingham. Please bear in mind the exam your child will sit may not be a true reflection on the actual exam, but in my opinion is a useful tool in highlighting any weakness and strengths your child has. Also gives the child good experience on sitting an exam in an unfamiliar environment.

Regards

Footballdad
shital

Post by shital »

sorry i wrote past papers but i mean practice papers. Thanks for your help. I m still not sure when can i start doing those papers with him. I dont want him to over load with his work and when time comes he will had it enough. He is my first child will sit in the grammer test so i am really woried. I am keep reading peoples views but i dont want to miss anything. Shall i time him with these papers as well????
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Start working now through the Bond papers in Maths, English and NVR. Either 9-10 yrs or 10-11 years if he is really advanced.

In addition to papers, I would also do some of the Hayden English books, Schonell for spelling and vocab and some Cloze books by G Moore.

Schofield and Sims Mental Maths Bk 4-5 you could also start now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now