Bullying..!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KenR

Re: Bullying..!

Post by KenR »

In KEFW the best initial route is to talk to the 6th form "buddy" assigned to the Y7 class who will take specific individuals to one side and make sure they are aware that this sort of behavour is totally unacceptable. If this fails you can of course escalate - but this seems to work very well at KEFW
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Nip it in the bud.

DS2 moved up to secondary school and had some teasing problems. I told him to just bear with it and wait and see. I was sure it was his fault because he's a bit of an odd ball. :)

After the second week I asked him to keep a log and text me, after 67 incidents in one morning I went ballistic, and calmly sought out the email for head of Year 7, it was sorted within two hours.

I've recently revisited the issue as part of a transition into year 8, and he says the classmates involved still give him space because they were dealt with so firmly.

At this point I would like to make a "joke" about DS2, we do use humour to de-sensitive him but I think he may be onto this forum, comment removed self moderation.
Dave1879

Post by Dave1879 »

That word 'bullying' has reared its ugly head again.
I remember a girl who went to CHG a few years ago who was frequently bullied but, because she was very shy, kept it to herself. She suffered for a few years off & on - & it made her life a misery at the school. Naturally her schoolwork suffered as a result & she ended up with poor GCSE results - that's how the bullying transpired for the parents.
Advice: NIP IT IN THE BUD NOW as you are aware of the problem.
Good luck.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Hi Reeyah

I think you have had some great advice on here already, but I just wanted to check how things went or if there has been any more incidents.

I really do hope that things get sorted out quickly. It is bad enough having to start a new school, the last thing any child needs is to worry about bullying too :evil:

Hugs to DS please.

UmSusu
UmSusu
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

reeyah I am so sorry that this is happening to your DS. I really hope that now his form teacher is aware of the situation it will be dealt with promptly and fully resolved.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Thank you soo much to everyone for your kind replies and sharing your own stories :)

The school have taken it all very seriously, and have been very supportive. The only issue is DS not revealing the identity of the guilty boys! However, he hasn't mentioned anything again and seems happy, so I am desperately hoping it won't happen again.

Again, I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time out to reply to our dilemma! Here's hoping to a happy school life to all our DC :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now