Wolverhampton Girls' results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
morgu

Wolverhampton Girls' results

Post by morgu »

Hello,
I haven't posted here before, as we only moved to the area recently, and I am new to the whole 11+ adventure!
However, I understand that this is the first year WGHS have been using CEM tests (used to be GL assessment, I believe), so I am wondering just what kind of information we will be given with the results letters. Will previous years' standardised qualifying scores be any indication of scores needed this year? Or will the letter not give scores or rankings but just a vague indication of whether our DC are considered of grammar school ability?
(I realise it is quite likely nobody knows the answers to this, and we just have to wait and see; -am just going slightly mad with the waiting and biting of nails :? )
MSD

Re: Wolverhampton Girls' results

Post by MSD »

Traditionally QM Walsall have provided the raw score, standardised score and the ranking information. But I guess it will be slightly different this year due to new consortium formation.

I expect them to provide a standardised score and whether they consider the child to be grammar school ability, borderline or no chance in **** :)

And I doubt they will be giving out the rankings this year.

MSD
morgu

Re: Wolverhampton Girls' results

Post by morgu »

Thanks, MSD.
I have a feeling I may be on here asking for help in interpreting probability of getting a place, based on information in the letter. Though of course, given the number of applicants, there is a high probability the letter will say "abandon all hope", or words to that effect :( . I suppose the uncertainty of "borderline" would still be preferable, although I don't cherish the thought of dragging this waiting out till March 1st.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now