How did your DC find the KEFW exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
um

Re: How did your DC find the KEFW exam?

Post by um »

It's a Lebanese place, the food is made really fresh with love! Run by a family. Not greasy stuff :D .

Now what was the topic again... :oops:
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

With the ds’ it’s always been around food but I’m lucky as the cooking is shared (both ds2 and dd1 loves doing the side dishes and desserts).

Just too nervous to think about celebrations atm. What if’s are going on in my mind….the other day, dh said that I should have called myself ‘anxious or nervous mum’ instead. :lol:
sss

Post by sss »

nervousmom wrote:Starting to get worried now about the results. DS has heart set in FW.

When he came out of the exam he wasn't too sure how he did and said part way through he had a bit of a panic attack!

He said the maths was hard and there was at least 1 question he didn't answer. He said he answered 24 of the 30 comprehension and guessed the rest. NVR was fine.

Didn't really get much more out of him.

A week later he sat warks and said it was easier than bham! We got results yesterday and he will get a pace at KES, so huge sigh of relief.

However, he was not too happy, because he is even more worried about bham now. He us now saying there was one question , I think in maths, with 8 arts he didn't answer. He reckons now he only answered half of comprehension and didn't answer many on the bit where you had to insert missing letters.

I would be interested to see what your DC thought.
My dd definitely found B'ham test harder than the Warks test.
She scored 386 in the Warks test :D but she missed around 36 individaual questions in the B'ham test so not so optimistic.
Fingers crossed & good luck to everyone.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

You are right um we are going off the point but I think that point has been exhausted and I am trying to avoid trying to interpret anything based on what DS said - he is actually very rational and reliable in his feedback but you still can't rely too much on their feedback after an exam to predict things because you cant quantify the effect of their stress levels and the pressure they are feeling even if they appear relaxed.

So back to important things :wink: : l will definitely try it out if it is Lebanese - they really are experts at food and have plenty of healthy and vegetarian options. I might be generalising but I can honestly say that my Lebanese friends completely outshine the rest of us when it comes to cooking.

DIY Mum: you seem a bit nervous this year but I would call you CoolMum not nervous mum :D
UmSusu
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

if only Umsusu :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now