KEGS Results: Confused?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sss

Re: KEGS Results: Confused?

Post by sss »

alex1 wrote:Thanks nicolajane,hes 2 marks under astons cut off point from last year,Think marks will go up a point or two,not really sure? If that is the case then i dont think **** get into aston.Going to sit down with him after school and see what are his thoughts.Its going to be a long wait till march now.
Stay positive - at least you're in with a shout.
Good luck.
iw1234

Post by iw1234 »

My nephew scored 210 - hoping for KE Aston to join his brother - any thoughts? A bit tight, but not impossible??!!

He also got Handsworth Grammar so that will be his backup I guess.
RSS7

Post by RSS7 »

Hi my Daughter has got 212 so just below last years KE Handsworth. She seems to have secured QM but if i were to put KE Handsworth or Sutton Girls as higher choices, could she miss out on the QM place if she did not get into KE HAndsworth or Sutton Girls? how does this work.. confused very much so
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

No. She will only lose out on QMH if she wins a higher choice of grammars. For example, if you put down your schools like this:

1. KEVIHS
2. SGS
3. QMH

And your dd qualified for KEVIHS. If she didn't make KEVIHS's score for this year (last year was 215), then she would get SGS. If she doesn't make SGS then she will automatically get QMH.

Just choose the school that you really want. If you want QMH over SGS then there is little point in putting SGS as your higher choice as it is likely she will have a place there (in addition to QMH).
RSS7

Post by RSS7 »

thank you DIY mum. My nervousness stems from the letter QM have provided stating that she will be offered a place providing we put QM as first choice. seems to indicate that if we didnt then ....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now