I keep seeing CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Golfmum

I keep seeing CAF

Post by Golfmum »

At the risk of looking stupid, what does CAF mean, I keep seeing it in some posts, should I have filled one in? I've selected the schools on Birmingham City Council's online admissions.
Reading Mum

Re: I keep seeing CAF

Post by Reading Mum »

common application form - can be paper or online but its the thing you submit to your own local authority stating your school preferences
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sounds like you have done the right thing Golfmum" -

the reason it is called the common application form is that now people only fill in one form for all the school they are applying for and that is from the LEA that they live in. They put all the schools on it even if some of the schools are in different LEAs - at one time people used to be able to apply to various schools / LEAs in neighbouring areas and it used to mean that people may have offers from more than one school - but nowadays there is just one.
play

I keep seeing CAF

Post by play »

I wonder if it means Common Application Faults?
Coventry cannot even list Ashlawn Selective and Ashlawn Non-Selective as different options. They blame Capita.
Ashlawn is a bilateral school in Warwickshire, with a grammar stream. Two yearsa go they could get it right and now they cannot.
Golfmum

Post by Golfmum »

Thanks, I tried googling it but came up with common assessment framework!