KECHG vs KEVIHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: KECHG vs KEVIHS

Post by DIY Mum »

GuidingStar wrote:Does anyone else travel to Camp Hill from around Handsworth? How is the travel time/traffic etc? and does this have major effects on the girls? Our DD is not physically very strong-type.
GuidingStar, my dd1 travels the other way i.e. from Moseley to Handsworth. She leaves via the Green Bus around 7.30 a.m and arrives at school 8.15-8.30 a.m. This journey is sufficient for her. She didn't win CHG but had she done so, that would have been an easier option for us as it is our local gs.
But having said that, imho, KEVIHS is the better option because it has very high standards, staff who are warm, caring and go out of their way to support their pupils. Only if your dd really prefers CHG to KEVIHS would I deliberate.

But otherwise, if KEVIHS is only 15 mins away, why not consider that? :?

p.s.
Captaincaveman- I've sent you a pm.
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Thank you for the pm. I am sorry for not acknowledging it as I am away at the moment and getting onto the Internet hasn't been easy...

I think both are great schools. I worried that Camp Hill had such a great reputation and we were not putting it first despite her getting the score quite easily.

I have heard nothing but good about KEVIHS, less good from CHG (from parents that know my DD). I might just go with her choice.
sss

Post by sss »

CHG is much nearer to us - 75 mins on The Green Bus per day as opposed to 145 mins to travel to KEVIH every day.
I've worked out this is roughly an extra 2 months' travelling to KEVIH over 7 years!
BUT we much prefer KEVIH over CHG because we also felt this so-called 'warmth' at Handsworth & felt it was more suited to our dd. Our dd likes both equally.
Any comments would be appreciated at this late stage. :)
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Definitely swinging towards KEVIHS here. I might wait til our return to the UK to submit the form.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now