Preparing for KES

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MaryMcG

Preparing for KES

Post by MaryMcG »

Hi, can anyone advise what VR practice we should be doing for KES - is it NFER / BOND style? Many thanks .
Mark Brown

Preparing for KES

Post by Mark Brown »

I'm disappointed nobody has responded.

KES state "For the Verbal Reasoning paper 11+ Practice Papers (Standard) NFER-Nelson (now taken over by GL Learning/Letts) may be helpful.

http://www.kes.org.uk/download.php?file=TmpZeA
um

Re: Preparing for KES

Post by um »

To be fair, the question has been asked and answered at least a dozen times on this forum.

The KES exam is not shrouded in secrecy. Once registered, the information sent to parents states very clearly what is to be tested, what the expectations are, and recommends papers - as your link has shown.
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

Probably because vast majority already the grammar results.
MaryMcG

Post by MaryMcG »

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your response. As you will see I only found this forum about a month ago and have missed the earlier posts on the KES exam.

We have applied for the KES but have not yet had the information pack back, although we went to the open day yesterday to get more information on the test.

I think the reason I was confused was that his tutor has given him much harder VR papers and I was worried that struggling through them might be a waste of time, and following your reply I think I'm right !

Many thanks again.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now