Equal Preference

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
newbiemum

Equal Preference

Post by newbiemum »

This waits tedious and I have been thinking about it again looking at my choices! Should be christmas shopping really! I was reading a post saying you get waitlisted at every school of your CAF, does that mean the ones below the school offered as well? Or is it obviously just the schools above the offer? Thinking now if we get offered second school, I may have prefered our third choice and got the two wrong way around! Would just be so much easier if we get the first choice :D Have christmas and my 40th before we find out, ugh! Apologies if this is another daft question! Thank you all as ever!
UmSusu

Re: Equal Preference

Post by UmSusu »

Hi newbiemum

Try to just enjoy the holidays - I know it is easier said than done. As for CAF preferences: as far as I understand, once you have been accepted by a school, all preferences below that school are discarded. You are only on a waiting list for any school above. At least that is how it came across in the results letter last year.

Let's just hope you get your first preference :D

UmSusu
UmSusu
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

Thanks umsusu, thought so! Would make sense! I didn't think I'd be quite so bothered, but seems I am! Fingers crossed till march for us all!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

As far as I understand it, you won't automatically be put on the waiting list for lower preferences but you can ask to go on it.
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

That's interesting Shall see what transpires but that's worth knowing, I suppose always worth a call these questions nearer the time if needs be! Thanks for the advice.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now