CEM preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SharonB

Re: CEM preparation

Post by SharonB »

Does any one know if the Queen Marys 11 plus comprehension in Walsall is multi-choice or standard ?
unpanickydad

Post by unpanickydad »

Hi all, I apologise if this has been asked before which I am sure it has.

My daughter is going for the girls high Wolverhampton exam in July, we are going through all the scholfield and sims books and the odd test when I download it.

She has a tutor once a week, and goes through difficult areas with her.

She enjoys reading and has read The Hobbit last year and is currently reading the Lord of the Rings, and two of my books, Search Engine Optimisation and Data Communications, I have asked why apparently she enjoys them!

Being the youngest in her year at the test seems really hard. I don't want to put her under too much pressure.

Is there still time to coach her and bring her speed up. I'm panicking. Just praying that it all goes okay for her.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

unpanickydad wrote: Being the youngest in her year at the test seems really hard. I don't want to put her under too much pressure.
Hi unpanickydad

No panic! You have chosen such an appropriate screen name!

Don’t worry too much about that as there is age standardisation. Hopefully, these links will lessen your worries:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 5&start=94" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... on#p362419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck with the 11+ prep! :D
um

Post by um »

SharonB wrote:Does any one know if the Queen Marys 11 plus comprehension in Walsall is multi-choice or standard ?
It is multi-choice.
SharonB

Post by SharonB »

Thanks um, much appreciated , in the queen marys exam is the maths also multi-choice ?
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Picked up some post at my old address and was surprised to find a free sample copy of CGP's brand new CEM books on the doorstep. :D

They're only 30 min long tests (but this book is solely vr and vr isn't much longer than that per paper). It is very well presented, although my gut feeling is that it's a little easier than the 'real' thing. Has anyone else tried them :?:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

DIYMum, I saw the books earlier this week and they do look like good practice material. I agree that some of them seemed to be easier than the level I perceived but the tests do get harder towards the end of the book.

CGP have also just released a set of 2 full practice papers based on the CEM layout.
UmSusu
kamiko

Post by kamiko »

hi,

can anyone please help me with acquiring the S and S progress papers maths. my son is sitting the bexley test, which have recently changed to CEM.

Thank for all the good info given so far in this post
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Hi kamiko, I received the cgp practise papers as recommended by the poster above. They look good. I ordered mine from Amazon £9 for 2 tests.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

They are £7.06 on amazon now.