CEM preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: CEM preparation

Post by southbucks3 »

They may be the download links I had, could not get them to work anymore? So someone kindly e mailed me the pdf.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

They all worked when I tested them before posting the message, so they should be ok unless they've been taken offline in the last couple of hours.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

It is probably a clash of software on my old pc. :? Anyway, if anyone else has a dynamo powered pc which won't play downloads, lhey can pm me, and I have them on pdf.

This is chelmsford high school, but i think most of it is duplication?

http://cchs.co.uk/ch/content/download/3 ... +Sheet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

I know what percentage dc score in one practice paper done in the comfort of their home
doesn't say much at all in the greater scheme of things, 8months down the line.

But, 4 different set of parents who have finished this exam with their DCs in the last 2 or 3 years have passed on some books to me and they ALL had GLpacks 1 to 4.

Got DD to do Maths paper 1 from pack 1. She scored 78%. Now, I have no idea whatsoever (despite going through the forum pages) if this indicates anything, good or not so good

There were some concepts such as proportions that she hasn't learnt yet. Nevertheless, I browsed through each post on CEM preparation thread in Birmingham forum and nowhere does gL packs appear.......

Why did all these people buy them if they were not relevant? Am I wasting time on these?
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

Do you mean the VR and NVR ones or standard Maths/English?

I used a variety with my son as there wasn't much CEM stuff around. I did miss out a lot of the coding Qs though.

The private schools still use 'traditional' style VR so it could be they were taking those as well.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

It's the Maths in gl pack 1 which has one paper of each subject.

Is this relevant to Birmingham? At least it is multiple choice....
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

I think any English/maths practice tests are fine. NVR ok too although that does seem to vary on CEM. The debatable one is VR. If you are going to do the private school tests then fine include it but for CEM not so sure. The codes type ones in particular don't seem relevant although ones that are vocab based more relevant.
mum

Post by mum »

Hi,
The VR Bright Sparks or the FPTP VR books (from this site shop)anymore valid for CEM type tests? Is it worth buying them and go through them for CEM type VR tests?
Thanks
mum
round2

Post by round2 »

Thank you for the tips and pointers on this feed. I am back with DD2 - round 2! I have picked up some very useful tips on this thread.. so many thanks. I have to get back into this and hope that second time round isn't as stressful as the first. My DD1 got through to CHG with high scores but my DD2 has a different approach to studying and being an August born will be one of the youngest to sit the exam. Lets hope I live to tell the tale after the next 10 months! Wish me luck!!
round2

Post by round2 »

Hi everyone, I'm back this year with my DD2 sitting the 11 plus exam. Just would like to know if you could help me in directing me to the latest threads regarding synonym/antonym common word lists and general comprehension tips. Thank you in advance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now