Pass Mark %

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DavidsDad

Pass Mark %

Post by DavidsDad »

Hi All
I am new to the forum and have noticed that successful pass marks of 324 out of 420 etc have been mentioned in postings for KEd Birmingham Schools / Vesey
Does this equate to correctly answering 77% of questions across the papers or am I misunderstanding / being too simplistic?
Where does the 420 figure come from?
I believed one needed to correctly answer 90%+ of questions to stand a chance! (That's what my son and I are working towards).

I'd appreciate any advice.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Davidsdad,

No I'm afraid it doesn't - you need to read all about Age Standardisation - there is a link from the home page of this site.

Hope this helps

Ken
DavidsDad

Pass Mark %

Post by DavidsDad »

Thanks for that KenR

I (kind of!) understand that, but am still confused as to approx what % of questions need to be answered correctly accross the papers to pass the test for KE Aston, based on previous years.

My son normally achieves 90-99% in practice and assessment papers but sometimes throws in a rogue 80%.

I'd sleep a little easier at night if I had a better idea as to our target!
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi
There was a previous thread on this topic which contain some information about the 2005 test which I obtain via the FOI act

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... highlight=

Unfortunately the KE exam test is quite different to the more usual NFER 11+ exams - the scores in the real exam are much lower.

Hope this helps