KES results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lottie78

Re: KES results

Post by lottie78 »

Ds really wanted Aston but we also put bv.
Can someone confirm what last years bv last score was, I seem to remember the 212 we were all going with turned out to be slightly higher( or am I dreaming that I read that)
It's going to be a tense wait till march 1st, fingers crossed everyone x
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

BV was 211 in 2011 (on here it still says 215 but I think went down for last entrant score) and 212 in 2012 so you never know.
KE Buddy

Post by KE Buddy »

Just wanted to send my congratulations to all who have been successful and to all who have not had the success they were hoping for just remember it is not the end of the world. I would appreciate if anyone who has been successful could pm we with details of the tutor they used. I have visited a few tutors for assessments now just wondering if there are any recommendations?

Thanks
GrammarGrad

Post by GrammarGrad »

Three passes here: two had interviews; one for AP and one for borderline and one did not hear anything - all three have had full fee paying offers.
The former interviewee has also passed for Solihull (scholarship), Warwick and Priory and are now in a quandary as they live closer to Solihull but prefer KES.
The latter interviewee also passed for Priory with (50% scholarship). Unfortunately 50% will still mean circa £6000 which they can ill afford.
The non-interviewee also lives in Solihull and has had offers from Solihull and KES.

Fees not-withstanding, child/parent preference and distance also seem an issue.

Some of the scores mentioned for the Grammar schools may still reap dividends (Alex et al) so please don't despair until March 1st.
They called me Mr Glass
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

sorry to butt in , I know it must be sleepless night for those still waiting for the results coming tomorrow.

I am new to Kes discussions but was planing my DS for it, can anyone share somelight as to how much scholarship can be given? I saw from Kes website maximum 50% but I also heard from other parents that kes also give 10%, 15%, 30% of scholarship. Are there fix number of pupils per each percentage bracket? Does Foundation scholarship means 50% ?

sorry for the question - just wonder if there is a systematic allocation or purely base on their avialble funding and performance of interviews?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Hello dsmith, KES offer scholarships that vary from 10/15% to 50%. I understand that they only offer up to 5 at 50%. They award between 30-35 means-tested Assisted Places too where the amount the parent contributes is based on their household income.

As for us, it was a nice A4 envelope that landed on our doorstep with a very generous scholarship offer - thank God! :D . I am so pleased for master susu as there were many times I had doubts about DIY :D . The only problem is DH said we have to wait until he gets home tonight ( obviously I didn't :roll: but I need to seal it up for DS now and pretend I don't know)

UmSusu
UmSusu
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Let me be the first to offer hearty congratulations to MasterSusu :D very well deserved!
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

Yes, we'll done and to everyone still waiting good luck!
MSD

Post by MSD »

Congratulations UmSusu! Fantastic achievement.

Goes on to prove that bright children can have a one-off bad day.

MSD
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thank you for your kind wishes mm, lottie and MSD :D .

You are right MSD, that is one of the down sides of this whole process : one bad / good day can change everything. It is quite a burden for a 10 year old to bear.

For those who have had disappointing news I would like to offer my sincere commiserations - the competition is tough, not everyone who would have thrived at a particular school is able to get a place, and as my previous experience has proven there are no garuntees no matter how bright the child. I really do hope everyone here gets results they hope for on 1st March.

UmSusu
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now