11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rubidium

Re: KES results

Post by rubidium »

What are the downsides to IB Please?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

There are numerous threads on this and also a thread on KES and IB in particular. Unfortunately "IB" is too short for the search facility on this site (needs to be a minimum of three letters).

Ultimately it depends on individual preference.
KenR

Post by KenR »

What are the downsides to IB Please?
The KEFW head wrote a very good paper regarding IB vs A level (KEFW offers both in the 6th Form) - you mind find a copy on the KEFW web site.

Some would argue that because you study 6 subjects at IB (3 in depth[HL] and 3 std level[SL]), the HL subjects don't drill down to the same level of detail as A Levels. This may suit those that are unsure of their academic path at university but maybe not as good for those that are clear what discipline they wish to study.

Also foreign language is mandatory for IB at least at SL, so this may be a disadvantage to those weak at languages.

Lots of plus's as well though
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

UmSusu wrote:Bubbles, you are very kind but I have noticed you are becoming a regular on here : you are most welcome :D but I must warn you that it can be very addictive and before you know it you are sitting in the library with great big books to get through but getting nothing done all morning :roll:

Be aware... be very aware...... :lol:

UmSusu
UmSusu, I was a lurker on this forum for several months before I joined so I have followed the journeys of many members. I now feel just as nervous as many of you when you are waiting for, or receive, ‘those letters’. That is why I feel the need to offer my best wishes to you all.

And how insightful of you! I actually do sit in the university library surrounded by important-looking books, giving the impression that I am working really hard when really what I am doing is reading new posts on this forum… :lol:
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

UmSusu, sooo pleased to read your post just now! What a fantastic achievement for Master Susu ( and u too!).. I hope you will now be able to enjoy the route you had planned to walk from your house to KES!

Congrats to everyone who got a place and for those who didn't, don't take it as a rejection, but a 'redirection'. Everything happens for the best, I sobbed looking at the tiny KES envelope and then a few months later DS was offered KEAS. Then I sobbed again :lol:

Good luck everyone! March the 1st isn't far ( for me though, I wish it was.. Have so much to cram with DS2!!!!)
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Oh Reeyah! How sweet of you to remember my hopes of the walk to KES! :D The only problem is DS2 is not as sweet as DS1 and runs off with his friends as soon as I open the door :roll:
UmSusu
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

moseleymum wrote:Unfortunately "IB" is too short for the search facility on this site (needs to be a minimum of three letters).
It is possible to do site specific search with google (other search engines are also available) for shorter phrases - simply put

Code: Select all

site: www.elevenplusexams.co.uk
in front of your query - e.g. search for

Code: Select all

site: www.elevenplusexams.co.uk KES Birmingham IB
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now