Online Admissions: results processed!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UmSusu

Re: Online Admissions: results processed!

Post by UmSusu »

peter5 wrote:LOL... :D ,,You should be writing Suspense Movies ..

Bet I am not the only one to have read this wrong..lol

:D , I gave myself a shock so I thought I would share it just to get you all in the mood - I wonder if there was anyone who dashed off to check before reading the end of what I wrote :lol:

MSD, I will second your prediction but I am not ruling out some surprises from the other schools either.

Don't worry ginx, I will be back then ( if I ever leave :oops: ) as DS3 is year 2 - but like yours, he is not giving much hope to me. He is bright but I don't think he can be easily taken out of his routines to do anything he is not completely interested in. Not quite sure if it is the route for him but I probably will be here moaning about him.

UmSusu
UmSusu
ginx

Post by ginx »

Bloomers151, I just had to see the head of dd2's school, I was hoping he'd give something away ... obviously I was too scared to ask ... but he didn't.

I saw him because my daughter says she's been doing well in maths but being neither top nor bottom of her group, nobody noticed, same with her Theme book (I believe this is marked for SATS) but nobody's marked it. The Head said he's going through all their work tonight! so he'd have a look and give her some feedback tomorrow.

Of course, what I wanted to hear was some hint about her future school ... !!!!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I am very glad you did what you did, UmSusu. DD has a sibling place and that has almost made me forget key deadlines. I nearly forgot the 31st Oct. deadline - a random phone call from another parent jogged my memory - and it was only after reading your post that I remembered that 1st March applies to us too.
MSD

Post by MSD »

ginx wrote:I just had to see the head of dd2's school, I was hoping he'd give something away
I sent an e-mail to my son's current school headteacher just to clarify if they get the results a few weeks in advance of the parents. This is his reply :

"Re Y6 secondary school allocation, at my previous authority where I was Head for 11 years we were always sent the allocation 1 to 2 weeks previously so that we could confirm details and be prepared to support
any children/parents who may not have received their first preferences. Since I have been at this Authority I have not been given an advanced copy."

So I guess as Okanagan stated rules can vary for each authority.

MSD
NASA

Post by NASA »

....running upstairs, need to share the news!!!! It's on the site, tripping, stumbling the stairs are killing me :evil:

Trying to get to the end oh the message but can't seem to keep track of where I am.....DH we have news better come share this experience with me......waiting...switch on computer, take a deep breath.....Finally the end of the message :oops:

UmSusu it was a good one :D

Good luck for tonight all

NASA
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Glad it's not just me that worries everyone :lol:

I have DD in year 3 and she is showing promise, so same again in 3 years.

I also have a 2 year old, bit young yet to out on the GS track, maybe next year :D
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Oh ginx, this is such a cruel process, especially with the knowledge that they know! I just stalled the car taking the DSs lunch to school because we all forgot them. Apparently it's very difficult to stall my car...not today it's not :lol:
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Thought I'd better post rather than lurking in the background, how selfish of me wanting to share the angst, think I have somewhat stuck my head in the sand but its nearly here now. Anybody else have a permanent washing machine tummy or is that the bottle of Pinot that I consumed last night, might be 2 tonight. Good luck everyone. xx
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

MSD wrote:But here is my final prediction on the initial CHB cut-off.
238 dropping down to 237 as I believe the waiting list will come into play this year :)
Now that the HT@chb has cleared it up, I'll third that score!
All we need is a bookmaker now. :lol: And if you're right, MSD, you can tutor all our dc for free :idea: :lol:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

:lol: @ NASA. Sorry to have done that to you :oops:

nervousmum, are you really not going to worry about your 2 year old until next year? It is not like you to be so relaxed about it - cutting it a bit fine isn't it? :wink:

I really doubt the results will be there tonight. I might set my phone to alert me when an email arrives but Groupon always seems to send me discount details in the middle of the night and i will end up checking everytime in case it is the email.

Good luck all.

UmSusu

ETA: I like that idea DIYMum 8)
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now