KES on a budget

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
muminbrum

KES on a budget

Post by muminbrum »

I have a friend who is likely to have to choose between a long cross-city trip to BV or accepting a full fee place at KES just about within walking distance of home. They can just about afford the fees for KES but won't be in a position to pay for all the extras like trips abroad etc. Wondered if any of you have experience of how boys in this position manage/are treated by the other boys?
moseleymum

Re: KES on a budget

Post by moseleymum »

They manage just fine. A lot of boys don't bother with the fancy trips abroad, only going on the compulsory camping trips once a year.

In any school you always get the one or two who go (or try to go) on every trip offered, but the vast majority aren't like that.

People always equate KES to be full of "rich kids", but in all honesty, the "richest" people I know have put their children into Grammar school.

There is a similar thread to this already, hope it can reassure you
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=26126&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Thanks. I'll pass that on - I guess they are concerned that their DS will be the only one not going.
rubidium

Post by rubidium »

My child goes on more fancier Hols in grammar than if child had home to an indie
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now