Traveling to Wolverhampton Girls High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kimran

Traveling to Wolverhampton Girls High School

Post by Kimran »

Hi, just wondering if anyone's DD will be travelling to or already travels to WGHS from Sandwell.

My DD has been allocated a place at WGHS and we are trying to establish the best way to get her there and back safely.

Any thoughts or experiences will be much appreciated.
Professor Yaffle

Re: Traveling to Wolverhampton Girls High School

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Hi Kimran

Congratulations on your DD place at WGHS :D

I don't know how much help I can be as I don't know your local area well and don't know girls travelling from that way but as the forum is very quiet for this school I thought I'd reply anyway! There is a green bus service from Walsall, if you don't already know, although I am not sure if that is a viable option for you with the logistics of travel from Sandwell in the morning traffic- I think they are pretty close? I have posted the link anyway:

https://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/bus_servi ... WG1/13-14/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking at the route it starts at Stone Cross, Walsall Road (Hall Green Road) at 7.00 and returns at 17.14

I think from a quick glance at bus timetables that the number 1 bus which goes down the Tettenhall Road and stops outside school now operates all the way from Dudley?-7.30 Dudley bus station arriving @ 8.25 which is a bit of a later start. Again, not sure how feasible that is for you.

Maybe if you contact the school they could pass your contact details on to parents who live nearby so you could try and arrange a travel partner for your DD, which I'm sure would ease your worry :)
Kimran

Re: Traveling to Wolverhampton Girls High School

Post by Kimran »

Thanks, I will contact the school and see where we go from there.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now