Sutton coldfield

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ah

Sutton coldfield

Post by ah »

Hi,

Im hoping my daughter will get a place at sutton, can anyone please tell me what sort percentages she should be getting at this stage in the tests we are doing at home to obtain a place.

Please do leave a response if you know.

Thank you.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi ah

A very general and approximate guideline rule of thumb would suggest a minimum of about 85% (+ or - 2% depending on age) in NFER style VR, NVR and Maths papers.

You have to achieve a score of at least 318 across 3 papers anyway to be considered ( 3 x 106), but I recall the pass mark is normally closer to about 112.
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

Hi there ah,
My son sat the Bishop Vesey test last year which is the same test as Sutton Girls. He was consistently scoring 90% + in all of the practice tests. For the real exam, the children receive an actual score for each of the 3 elements - Verbal, Non-Verbal and Maths, which is then standardised according to age. I am not sure how they work out the age standardising, but I can tell you that he scored an actual score of 132/135 which equated to a standardised score of 414. The minimum score for entry for both Vesey and Sutton Girls was 324 this year - so a fair bit lower than my son managed to achieve.
It is difficult to say what level your daughter should be achieving now because I do not know how the standard of the actual test compares with the standard of the papers that you can buy.
If you (or anyone else) manage to find out how they standardise the scores I would be interested to find out - I also have a daughter this year who would like to go to Sutton Girls. By the way, she is scoring more like 80 - 90% in her practice papers, so I am much less confident this time around - although I obviously do not tell her this!!
Anyway, hope this is of some help and best of luck with your revision.
ah

sutton coldfield

Post by ah »

Hi,

Thanks for the responses to all. My daughter is hitting 90% in VR and NVR and around 83% in maths but some days she puts a spanner in the works and does a paper where she gets around 70% and then i get really worried!!!!

I believe Sutton have a NFER style paper, is this correct?
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

Hi
I have read that Sutton use an NFER type test but do not know for sure. My daughter also has some dodgy days - it is good to know we are not alone!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now