What is the top mark for camphill boys?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Indefinate

What is the top mark for camphill boys?

Post by Indefinate »

Does anybody know what was the highest mark entering camphill boys & the lowest this yr
Thank you
KenR

Re: What is the top mark for camphill boys?

Post by KenR »

Bit meaningless really because all of the scores are an amalgamation of 2 age standardised - but this is likely to be the same previous years around 295 (viz. an average of about 2 x 147)
Indefinate

Post by Indefinate »

Not really if u want to know if ur child will be amongst the very bright children- I know there are several schools to select from but ch claims they have the brightest going there!
I thought the top mark achieved was 285 but did that child go ther or elsewhere?
peter5

Post by peter5 »

It was an exam set for children who were ten years old mostly ,some who did not get the mark on the day because of panic,not being well prepared or for whatever reason could go there tomorrow and score a perfect score .It does not matter too much as the teachers familiar with these scores and the scores in high school will tell you .
I know one of the youngest who took the exam and had a very high score ,probably one or two DC scored higher ,that will attend a private school after securing a scholarship .In another exam that DC was rank over 170,see where I'm going ?
DC scored very well in two exam so much that would probably put DC in top 5 or there about but was 170+ in another .

I don't think you can base who is the smartest child on a single test at ten years old.
KenR

Post by KenR »

The reason I say it's meaningless is because any score over 280 (2 x140) is not statistically reliable - that's an outcome of the age standardisation process.

All you can say is that a particular child was within the top fraction of a percentile of candidates above a certain level. You certainly can't compare scores at very high scores.

I know some year's ago when they used to age standardise across 3 sections the top "score" was 443 (av 147.6/section) from KEFW, but this was likely to be a very young child who scored very well, but almost certainly not the highest raw score.

The KE school actually set some further tests in the first 2 weeks and the results of these tests, together with the 11+ exam are used to set academic targets for each child.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

According to the letter we got with the results back in October, the highest score was 285.

I know for KEFW lowest was 227 and highest was 283.