papers needed!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cool dad12

papers needed!!

Post by cool dad12 »

Hi everyone where I can get the alphaseries papers..can any one let me know please...
Pumpkin Pie

Re: papers needed!!

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

The R and S Alpha Series papers are available from the shop on here, if it's those you are after. For example:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... dG7a4sSW8w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... bCerOpZxjA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... Wrw4LsYzWQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Most of the R & S Alpha Series Papers (apart from the Maths, VR Pack 1) are out of stock & out of print...

You'll have to source them second hand and even then, they'll be expensive- noticed that the English Pack 1 is available on Amazon at a steep price of £99! :shock:

ETA:

Actually, cooldad....I doubt you'll find any unless you've already purchased them. :wink:

Yesterday, 2 were on Amazon for £97-£99 and they're GONE! :shock:
One was on Ebay for 45.96 AUD and it's GONE
and another was on Abebooks for £22 and it's also GONE!
Last edited by DIY Mum on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

There's a copy of Alpha Series NVR pack 1 on Amazon at the moment for £3.99 + postage. And they do turn up on Ebay from time to time. But don't stress about it - having these particular papers isn't essential. They do have some slightly differently presented NVR compared to some of the more commonly available papers, which can be useful for CEM, but as long as you try to to incorporate as many different styles as possible into your practice so that unfamiliar formats aren't a problem, you can manage without these.

English Pack one on Ebay for 99p at the moment too.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Ah, yes...they're the 9-10 year old ones. Good price so far. :D The 10-11 year old papers were ridiculously dear! :shock:

Agree on the NVR: you can get by without them! I mean, essentially, you're only paying for 2 of the sections (the rotation q's), whereas, the English Papers, in that respect, are a more effective resource.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

DIY Mum wrote:Yesterday, 2 were on Amazon for £97-£99 and they're GONE! :shock:
If they're selling for that much I might just be tempted to part with mine!
cool dad12

Post by cool dad12 »

Thnx everyone..
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now