kehs lunches

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
champagnemoet

kehs lunches

Post by champagnemoet »

hi are there any parents of girls due to start kehs this september and do they have any idea if the girls in year 7 can stay packed lunche?i was told on open day that entirely upto individual yet im sure i read recently that yr 7 girls are to have dinners at cost of 3.15 each day.any reply appreciated
Kingfisher

Re: kehs lunches

Post by Kingfisher »

From the website, it looks to be 'opt-in' or 'opt-out.' I'd ring the school to ask, especially if you are sure you want a packed lunch. This way you can ensure you are not billed for it.

At my DD's school there is also an 'opt-out' facility but she says nobody takes it up; they all have school lunch. I decided to let her have school lunch for the first term so that she did not have to remember to take a packed lunch with her on the bus. She liked the lunches so much that we continued with this arrangement. I found it easier as well.
champagnemoet

Post by champagnemoet »

thanks kingfisher.i know my daughter would not be happy with school meal and after viewing items on the menu several times she appeared quite worried about having to have them.surely it is up to the child and the imformation i read may be from previous years and things have now changed :cry: :cry: lets hope so
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

You can opt out, ours takes a packed lunch. I believe quite a few took packed lunches when the new system came in but many have now gone back to school lunch.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now