Well that's it

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KenR

Well that's it

Post by KenR »

End of an era - My youngest has just taken his last A2 exam at KEFW

So from now on I can no longer say that I am providing any up-to-date advise or guidance from the position of a being a parent with a child at a B/Ham KE Grammar.

Now the [expensive] university journey starts for my youngest - UCAS grades pending!

......and my retirement will have to be delayed for a few more years!

best of luck for those starting the journey but believe me education in the UK is a minefield even if they get through to a good grammar
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: Well that's it

Post by DIY Mum »

KenR, best of luck to your son with his results.

Your posts about KEGS have been invaluable... and will most likely to continue to be so regardless of DC moving on. :)
Sean_uk

Post by Sean_uk »

Seriously KenR, thank you so very much for you dedication to the education of our children. I hope that you continue to carry on the great work you do here (I have 3 other DC's who'll be taking the 11+ tests IA)
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Yes. Thanks for all your help KenR. I'm also hoping you'll be about for a while longer!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Hi KenR,

Your guidance on this forum has been invaluable, and we are all indebted to you (and many others) for their active contribution.

Wishing all the best to your youngest DC and hoping that not only he will get the course he desires, but that he will also excel at university and become an exceptionally young gifted man in the career he has chosen.
But before that, wishing him nice summer holidays after all the tension of the last weeks! :lol:
um

Post by um »

Thank you too, Ken, for all the advice and selfless support you have provided to others over the years.

Very best wishes for the results and your son's university journey.

You're absolutely right, the journey does not end here (at this point I am inexplicably reminded of Gandalf's quote in Lord of the Rings :) , but I digress).

Hoping you'll still be around - I will be searching the Uni forum myself before too many years have passed!
SharonB

Post by SharonB »

Yes THANKS KenR for all your advice on this forum you have willingly offered all your wise knowledge and it has very much been appreciated you will be greatly missed.
rachag

Post by rachag »

Almost fell off my chair thinking that you had taken umbrage or something and had decided to go from the forum!
Need a 'phew' emoticon here
Best of luck for your son <3
KenR

Post by KenR »

I'm not actually going to go away from the forum - but going forward any information I provide will be like me - a little grey and dated
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

a little grey and dated
Surely not! More accurately "distinguished and mature"?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now