is it worth it and which do you choose

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
confusedmom

is it worth it and which do you choose

Post by confusedmom »

My daughter I think is very able and has been selected as talented and gifted:what % should you aim for in these bond papers how many should you be doin now for sept and how many kids enter for these exams.My stress levels are so high now!!! I sorry we have a choice of king eds fw & wolverhampton girls high ----- please aid with the maddness.
Dibble

Re: is it worth it and which do you choose

Post by Dibble »

confusedmom wrote:My daughter I think is very able and has been selected as talented and gifted:what % should you aim for in these bond papers
As many % as you can get without denting your daughters confidence.
This may seem rather vague, but what else can you do?

You only mention 'Bond Papers' and there's no harm in looking at those, but as the multiple choice nferNelson Practice Papers are what's recommended for WGHS you should look at those too. Even then you shouldn't expect the actual exam to closely follow those practice papers.

The KEVI Grammar exam is very different and you should definitely read past posts in this forum on that subject.
confusedmom wrote: how many should you be doin now for sept
As many as you can get without denting your daughters confidence and enthusiasm.
Is September some sort of deadline?
confusedmom wrote: and how many kids enter for these exams.
Hundreds. With eight to ten times more applicants than places.
However; kids who get in are not, generally, freaks the like of which you've never seen before. They're just bright, keen children who cope well with exams and a rapid pace of learning.
confusedmom wrote: My stress levels are so high now!!!
I wish I knew a way to avoid that – I'd have used it myself – but it just comes with the territory, sorry. You just have to be very, very careful not to communicate your anxiety to your daughter.
confusedmom wrote: I sorry we have a choice of king eds fw & wolverhampton girls high ----- please aid with the maddness.
If you end up with a free choice – no language bias, equal travel, single sex not actively desired - then I'd pick KEVI Fiveways. Either would be an outstanding opportunity and it's best not to build up any strong preference just yet, if you can avoid it.

Do please read the past posts in this section. There's a wealth of knowledge already built up there, ready and waiting, which I found indispensable when I was going through this with my son. I'm sure you'll find it useful too.
confusedmom

thanks

Post by confusedmom »

am feeling a little calmer this week but feelin the pressure and it seems to be loomin fast just seems so unfair for it to be all on one day ...and you know how we can all have our off days x thanks :?