2014 CEM 11 plus exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
catwoman

2014 CEM 11 plus exams

Post by catwoman »

Hello everyone
I have recently spoken to an 11 plus tutor who stated that the CEM Exams next year are in July instead of September the same as the Queen Marys he said that he is 100% sure i just heard yesterday, does anyone else know about this?
Optimist

Re: 2014 CEM 11 plus exams

Post by Optimist »

Hope it isn't true :roll:
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

I posted this bit of "news" almost a year ago
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 9&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A friend recently told me the same thing I.e those starting year 5 next week will be doing the exam in July 2014 rather than September 2014 for September 2015 entry. However I popped into the Foundation Office last week and was told it will be in September not July.

I think we will only know for sure once the exam is over this year (just under a week away :shock: ) so they can start to make preparations for next years group.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thanks Optimist and Moseley mum he is a very popular and well-known tutor in Birmingham and has told all his current year 4 going into year 5 pupils and he was stating that next summer will be more relaxing than this year because the exams will be all over, personally i have started DIYing my DS this summer and may put him in for some 11 plus tutoring for the last 6 months.
Moseley mum which foundation office did you call?

Moderators could you possibly shed some light on this?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

catwoman wrote:Thanks Optimist and Moseley mum he is a very popular and well-known tutor in Birmingham and has told all his current year 4 going into year 5 pupils and he was stating that next summer will be more relaxing than this year because the exams will be all over, personally i have started DIYing my DS this summer and may put him in for some 11 plus tutoring for the last 6 months.
Moseley mum which foundation office did you call?

Moderators could you possibly shed some light on this?

I did not call. I went into the King Edwards Consortium Office on Edgbaston Park Road and asked the lady there in person. They administer the test for King Edwards Camp Hill Boys/Girls/Aston/ Sutton Coldfield/Handsworth Girls and Handsworth Grammar.

Was this the test you were referring to? I presumed you were asking about the Birmingham exam as you posted in the Birmingham section.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Yes moseleymum the Birmingham King Edward exams...i might just give him a call this coming week to ask him where he heard and when just to get some more information, i will get back to you if i hear any more, i am hoping it is in September so i have more time to prepare my DS.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

catwoman wrote:Yes moseleymum the Birmingham King Edward exams...i might just give him a call this coming week to ask him where he heard and when just to get some more information, i will get back to you if i hear any more, i am hoping it is in September so i have more time to prepare my DS.
Yes that would be helpful to clarify. In the other thread I mentioned when I posted this last year, they said they heard it at an Open Day.
um

Post by um »

When I spoke to the Consortium office last term, they assured me unequivocally that they had no plans to move the exam to the summer term and said that it would remain on the first Saturday of the Autumn term.

That is what they said.... although I wouldn't mind if it's in July at all. Summer would be much more relaxing for everyone :D
um

Post by um »

What we do know, is that the consortia in Walsall/Wolverhampton and in Warwickshire, are planning to join with the Birmingham Grammar consortium and have one 'joint' test for all the schools next year.
Children will no longer take 3 separate tests as some children may have done this year.

This could be causing the confusion...perhaps there are even current discussions between the various schools/consortia about when the date should be.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thanks um, does that mean that queen marys exam will also be in September rather than July? i also called the King Edward offices in Edgbaston and got the same reply - exams are in September, i am getting so confused as an 11 plus tutor i know is still determined that its happening in july!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now