2014 CEM 11 plus exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HeatherPrep

Re: 2014 CEM 11 plus exams

Post by HeatherPrep »

There will be two separate tests for the Birmingham and Walsall consortiums next year. July 1st for Walsall and 6th September for Birmingham. So much for having a summer!

It appears that the proposal to have one exam for both areas has been rejected. On one hand I'm pleased as it will give me more time to prepare DS and my pupils for the test that matters more, but on the other hand I'd like my summer back.

We were told by QM as we are part of the foundation of QM schools.
moseleymum

Re: 2014 CEM 11 plus exams

Post by moseleymum »

So to clarify....this thread was started to discuss the possibility of Birmingham Consortium changing their date from Sep to July in line with Walsall.

The Birmingham Consortium Office always said it was going to be in September 2014 for 2015 entry. They never changed their position on this when asked directly.

The prep schools in Birmingham have been told nothing (I know as I asked today).

Nothing has changed :roll: as far as we know. Walsall stays in July and Birmingham stays in September. Until Birmingham Consortium publish their date officially, we won't know.

Really, there should be more clarification regarding which Consortium people are referring to, hence asking catwoman initially that it was indeed Birmingham she was referring to from the start of this thread :roll: