QMGS Disappointing Result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gibson123

QMGS Disappointing Result

Post by Gibson123 »

Our son scored 298. To say he is devestated is an understatement, and to make matters worse he came out of the KE Exam on 7th totally heartbroken believing that he had messed it up!

We've reassured him of how very proud we are of his efforts leading up to and during the QM test, unfortunately he fell ill over night before taking the test. I took him to a member of staff on the morning of the test and explained, he was advised to sit the test anyway because he had turned up. I was always in two minds and on reflection should have asked for a doctors note. Regardless of whether I should have allowed him to sit the test I realise there is nothing I can do about it now, I'm just totally heartbroken for him and feel that I've probably let him down.

We're now left waiting to see how he did on the KE test. He sobbed as soon as he arrived home, and said that after seeing a couple of questions that 'threw' him, he panicked, resulting in him taking longer to answer the questions. This has never happened with him before, he's already working at NC Level 5 & 6 at school and has always excelled under exam conditions. We never thought that he would panic like he did.

Needless to say, all tears and frustration from myself have been expressed at times when he is not at home, as far as he's concerned we are extremely proud of him (especially going through with the QM test with tonsillitis!). If what he is saying is true, we doubt that he will score high enough for KE. It's been a good experience for him though and I really do believe that he has enjoyed the 11+ content.

Good luck to those now waiting for their B'ham results! :)
Thegodfather

Re: QMGS Disappointing Result

Post by Thegodfather »

I think QM were unclear in the documents sent out prior to the test stating that if the DC is ill it will be up to the govenors (?) whether they get a chance to sit later. I would of probably done the same just to get it over and done with. KE were much clearer and stated not to bring a sick child to the test. Is QM your first choice? He may of done better than he thinks!

As he had tonsillitis I'm sure you were prescribed antibiotics and therefore there will be some sort of entry in his records at that time. These may be helpful for an appeal.

Where do you live?
Gibson123

Post by Gibson123 »

We're situated between QMGS & KEFW. QM was our first choice originally. Yes it is on record with the GP that he was ill, unfortunately I doubt it would make much of a difference if I appeal. If it's meant to be then I believe by some miracle it will happen. It's been a very frustrating week but he's ok.
peter5

Post by peter5 »

There is an appeal forum on here .Lots of great advice there ,click exam forum index and scroll down .
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

I was thinking you could apply as a day boy at old swinford hospital. Cheaper than going private but fees still to pay. Just checked on website and test registration ended yesterday but you never know!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now