QM results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wolves mum

Re: QM results day

Post by Wolves mum »

Hi DS got 350 for Adams is that a good result or bad? So co fused.
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

Wolves mum wrote:Hi DS got 350 for Adams is that a good result or bad? So co fused.
Good because last year lowest score in was 301. Look at second paragraph of your letter.

Letter should encourage you to apply.

Queen Mary's letter never says that. I know this cos we went through process this year and last.
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

My daughter scored 334!!! I am very proud of her.

Well done to all the children who took the exam!!! Just sitting such a difficult exam is an achievement in itself.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Wolves Mum, that's a very good score for Adams.

My ds just missed Adams' mark for last year. Not upset because it was a mock, school is too far and actually, he did better than I expected. :)

He'll probably make it through the waiting list but what I'm really annoyed about is one sentence on the letter. It states that even if we do put Adams down on our preference form, they will not offer him a place as they think he'd struggle with the content, level and pace of work! :evil:

We won't be putting Adams down anyway but for other dps in a similar situation, does anyone know if they can they say 'no' to a child who has put it down on the CAF and makes the last score for entry??

Congratulations, Bubbles44. :)
knotmum

Post by knotmum »

Hi Newbie here, I've been a "guest" for a few months now and found lots of helpful advice on this forum. Thank you!

My DD got 328 so really proud of her as she found the test hard :) But..... she's decided it's not the right school for her so I'm only hoping she does as well or better in the B'ham exam.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Have they sent out letter offering a definite place this year as last year the top kids were offered a place and any above the admission number were given a ranking
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

DIY Mum wrote:We won't be putting Adams down anyway but for other dps in a similar situation, does anyone know if they can they say 'no' to a child who has put it down on the CAF and makes the last score for entry??
Their admissions policy just says "assuming the applicant has reached the required academic standard" - but doesn't really specify how that is decided. But it is certainly possible for a school to set a minimum score which doesn't actually fill all their places - the East Warwickshire grammars did that this year (the first year after increasing their PAN) for example, and thus offered places to out of priority area candidates as the cutoff they had imposed - essentially matching the previous year's standard - had left them with unfilled places.
walsall28

Post by walsall28 »

hi im new to this..my dd got 299 in the Walsall exam. I know she cant get into qmhs (lowest score last year was 314) however does she have a chance to get into wghs (lowest score last year 297)...thanks
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Entirely possible. If you're at or around - and especially if slightly above - the previous cutoff figure it's certainly worth you putting it on your application form. Just make sure you have a plan B in case the required score does go up this year, by ensuring that one of your choices is a school you are sure you'd get (e.g. your catchment area school) or you could end up with none and have to accept whatever school has places left.
mum1975

Post by mum1975 »

Hi, my son got a score of 307 - I know its above the 305 but obviously way under the 318 lowest score admitted last year, do you think he has any chance of getting in to QM boys on the waiting lists? It seems to be a percentage of 75 per cent which is the 318 + is what QM arr after and who will get a place judging by the scores I think.

Also, we have heard Bishop Vesey is easier to get in to then QM, not sure in terms of score or if paper is easier - do you all really think that's the case?!

thanks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now