ALLOCATIONS THREAD 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nard

ALLOCATIONS THREAD 2017

Post by Nard »

Just opened this as a new topic so everyone can post on here as soon as they get their email with school choice. This way people on borderline scores can see if they are close to getting in to their preferred choice.

Good Luck everyone not long to go now!!
quasimodo

Re: ALLOCATIONS THREAD 2017

Post by quasimodo »

Nard wrote:Just opened this as a new topic so everyone can post on here as soon as they get their email with school choice. This way people on borderline scores can see if they are close to getting in to their preferred choice.

Good Luck everyone not long to go now!!
Some of you guys (used in a unisex fashion) are not going to be able to sleep tomorrow night as you can hear news just before the national offer day as we did for some people in 2015 and it went onto the early morning hours a bit like a general election.Whatever the outcome it is not the end of the world there are many in all walks of life including at top Universities who haven't passed their 11 plus.

Good Luck to everyone in whichever direction your children go.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Also can get some hints even earlier if Solihull residents get some early allocations. They have been known to come through after 6pm the evening before and if people post results then others can get some idea what scores will get them into specific schools.

Might be a good idea if we keep this thread for "chat / questions etc " re allocations and the mods will open a thread for people to post scores and allocations only so we can try to keep the news up to date on the first post of the thread.
Margo

Post by Margo »

It's so useful to have such a great source of information, as this forum.
I'm anticipating my son being borderline for HGS (212) and wondered, with the waiting list-how does it work-who contacts us if/when a place comes up?

Thanks

Margo
um

Post by um »

Your son will automatically be placed on the waiting list for schools with a higher ranking on the list than the one you were offered.

If a place becomes available (movement tends to occur the week after March 17, the deadline to accept offers, but continues to happen after that) you will often receive a phone call, followed by a letter, offering the place. The phone call is usually to check you still want it.

However, I would consider 212 a pretty safe score for HGS. I cannot, however, predict what will happen on 1 March!
Margo

Post by Margo »

Thanks so much Um-very helpful.
Just feeling a bit paranoid about missing a phone call.
Will just have to wait and see now...roll on Wednesday.
Margo
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I stayed up until after midnight watching the forum and some early results did come in , as people are saying, Solihull are usually early. We're Warwickshire and they don't send until after 8.00am on 1st.

By the time I finally went to bed in the early hours, I did have an indication of how things were going.

The CHB waiting list moved fairly quickly, I seem to remember not long after offers day, about 19 offers went out from the waiting list, these were sent by letter. This obviously had a knock on effect to those on other waiting lists. As UM says, usually most movement will occur after the deadline date for acceptance. Although once acceptance day passes, I believe those who have not replied are chased up before their place is offered elsewhere. So movement could start to occur actually a few days after the deadline.

Good luck to all of you nervously waiting. :?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Margo wrote:Thanks so much Um-very helpful.
Just feeling a bit paranoid about missing a phone call.
Will just have to wait and see now...roll on Wednesday.
Margo
Hi Margo, we were on the W/L for HGS last year, but they didn't phone we just received a letter. It was only because I kept phoning the LA (probably every week :roll:) that I knew where on the W/L we were, and one joyous day they told me that we had been sent a letter offering a place; it did take about 5 days to receive the letter from the day of the call though which explains why W/Ls seem to move quite slowly at times.

As per Um's post, based on previous years I would think that 212 should be 'safe', but again, I can't predict the future. With DS2 sitting this September I hope it doesn't rise too much! All the best.
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck and I hope your children get into their top choice school. I remember this time last year when we were anxiously waiting and now dd is in KECHG settled and happy.
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
Happymum32

Post by Happymum32 »

tiredmama wrote:Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck and I hope your children get into their top choice school. I remember this time last year when we were anxiously waiting and now dd is in KECHG settled and happy.

Thank you tiredmama

Wanted to say a good luck to everyone for tomorrow too and well done regardless of the outcome.

Also wanted to say a huge thank you to all contributors this forum has been invaluable. Xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now