The effect of being in/out of catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daffodil3969

Re: The effect of being in/out of catchment

Post by Daffodil3969 »

I wonder how many additional letters were sent to out of catchment girls then? One would presume that everyone in catchment who applies and has had the letter will accept, unless they are off to independents which should mean only half as many places for girls out of catchment? The letters sent include a waiting list though this must only apply to out of catchment girls. I have a friend whose daughter is ooc but with a score of 342 i would think she is safe?
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

And whilst on the subject of anecdotal evidence and the Newport schools, i wonder whether any info is around on how many letters were sent out over the 97 places available at Adams Grammar? i am clinging to a hope that the waiting list is short this year! :shock:
Parent2000

Post by Parent2000 »

Professor Yaffle wrote:Hi Parent2000

I can't confirm this offically but based on my own understanding of the catchment area rules I would say that the statement is true. As girls in catchment have priority it would seem most certain that if they have been advised to apply following the results that they would be given a place.
That's what I thought when I read the results letter as well especially after reading the entrance rules.. However if an in area girl's cut off is 315. What does that make the girls from out of area. I guess it could be significantly higher maybe 330 plus... However with WGH last year admitting girls down to 297 with no catchment area, the entry level at 315 for NGHS does seem high..