Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Salander

Re: Waiting

Post by Salander »

18 days to go!!!!!
As a first timer what is the protocol for the 18th? Do we receive notification by email or by post and does the email come early or late if it is an email??
Oh gosh I'm getting anxious now
S :shock:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

It comes by post even if you applied online. Only 1st March allocations come via email if you applied online.

Good luck!
UmSusu
esam99

Post by esam99 »

As accordance to Birmingham School Admission for Y7 Pupils states on 3rd March 2014: "Emails are sent to those applicants who have applied online for their child’s secondary school place and an email will be sent ahead of postal notifications.

Letters are sent on Monday 03 March 2014 to let you know the secondary school place we are offering your child. Letters are sent by first class post and should arrive at your home address by Tuesday 04 March 2014."
Salander

Post by Salander »

Ok, thanks for the quick response, so will it be Sat 19th by the time we get results by post?
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Salandar

The emails are for school allocations.. The KE results will be a letter that we should get by Friday 18th.

I'm totally ok at the moment, but I fear I may need a beta blocker on the actual day :o

17 days to go.. :shock:
Salander

Post by Salander »

Thanks Reeyah,
Quite surprised by how anxious this whole process is making me.
I'm hoping for a very definite yes wow score, or a not so great but at least we will know low score, dreading a borderline!
:?
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

16 days to go! Another anxious mum here :roll:
um

Post by um »

Ds2 was late for an appointment today as I couldn't get through on the intercom to open the gates and was waiting for some time.
Ds2 said the phonelines were jammed with parents calling to say that they want their child's results :?
And I thought I was mad...
I feel sorry for the Camp Hill receptionists now. They're unfailingly helpful and patient, though.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

um wrote: I feel sorry for the Camp Hill receptionists now. They're unfailingly helpful and patient, though.
Oh yes, they are such an extraordinary team!!
I also waited for some time at the gate recently to pick DS for appointment. Hopefully, a car was coming the other way round and that gave me the option to enter without waiting for an answer from the receptionist!!! Lucky me!:wink:
Why would parents phone the school to get the results? I don't get it... :? Does this 11+ make people completely out of their mind? :(
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

I don't get it either. Surely noone can actually be that stupid and ring up a school?

Anyway, reward for being extremely patient goes to a young lady called Katie who worked at the KE office two years ago. I bugged that poor girl so much, yet she was never rude or awkward with me. I wonder if she still works there? I expect I'll find out on the 18th when I ring in for something ridiculous like 'I think you made a mistake on the score'

15 days to go....... 8)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now