The Birmingham Consortium results are only a few days away now. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?
- The results timetable is published on the Birmingham LEA grammar schools website: http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/grammar-schools
and King Edward VI Grammar Schools web site: http://www.kingedwardthesixth.org/offers.htm
- Test scores should be received on Friday 18th by post
You will receive your child's test score by Friday 18th October 2013 by post. The letter will indicate the scores required for admission for each of the schools in the previous two years. Parents/carers can then decide whether or not to include any of the Grammar Schools in Birmingham on their home Local Authority (LA) preference form
- The letter will indicate the scores for the last successful candidates for the various consortium schools for the last 2 years. More detailed analysis of the scores for the last 6 years, including the average standardised score per paper or section are also in the sticky on this site: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7148
- Please read the material carefully before asking questions
- In particular, please avoid asking questions where the child has scored highly and answer is clearly obvious (e.g. my child scored 299 is this enough to get into KECHB). Posts such as this are often seem as simply boasting and it can be upsetting to those who have not been successful.
- Please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for.
- Try to avoid avoid sending questions via PMs to the moderators unless absolutely essential; most questions can be directed to the B/Ham forum pages or the Appeals page. PM are only really for confidential questions.
- THINK VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT THE ORDER YOU PUT ON THE LEA SCHOOLS PREFERENCE FORM
- Most importantly don't put a local comprehensive as a higher preference if you really want your child to have a KE or Consortium Grammar education. There is no penalty for putting KE or LEA Grammars as your 1st or 2nd choice. Every year we have 1 or 2 parents whose child passes the Grammar exam but then isn't offered a place because they put another school as a higher preference.
Best of luck - we have all been there before and understand the anxiety