Confirmation of choices?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Thegodfather

Confirmation of choices?

Post by Thegodfather »

Has anyone received written confirmation of choices from the lea? Or indeed an email?
I did it online and I have an email saying written confirmation will follow but not had the letter.
UmSusu

Re: Confirmation of choices?

Post by UmSusu »

When I did it last year I didn't get the confirmation until mid-November telling me that I may want to change my preferences ( they were mainly selective) , but if I do I should contact them before the end of October :lol:
UmSusu
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

I got harassed by Dudley LEA and ds1 primary school before the deadline as we didn't complete Until 31 October. We then had a bizarre phone call asking us if we had sat the entrance exams as virtually all schools were selective. Apparently there are quite a few who put down KE grammar schools who haven't actually sat the test.

Don't recall receiving any confirmation as to preferences.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I remember the TV programme about Birmingham and the school allocations - it was at the time when the scores were not known until March 1st and allocation - the staff were having to phone quite a lot of people then who had simply put all GS on the form. They were trying to point out that if the child didn't reach the score then they would have to go to a school that the parents may not be happy about.
Suspect each year they get people putting schools down that they haven;t done the tests for or are girls school for a boy etc
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

Lol... I put all grammar schools down! ...
But I do know his scores.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Thegodfather wrote:Lol... I put all grammar schools down! ...
But I do know his scores.

yes - has changed since the programme in 2009
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Last year I got written confirmation shortly after filling in the online form, saying I couldn't change without a very good reason etc. Still managed to change preferences even after this letter :mrgreen:
um

Post by um »

I received an email straight away from them when I sent my form in on 17 October.

No letter yet.

For ds1 I put 6 grammar schools (4 years ago) and we didn't know his score, but I didn't receive any query from them.
For ds2, I did put a comprehensive in another LA as 6th choice, and we would have had no chance of entry.
I just seem to like living on the edge :oops:
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

um wrote:I received an email straight away from them when I sent my form in on 17 October.

No letter yet.

For ds1 I put 6 grammar schools (4 years ago) and we didn't know his score, but I didn't receive any query from them.
For ds2, I did put a comprehensive in another LA as 6th choice, and we would have had no chance of entry.
I just seem to like living on the edge :oops:
:lol:
Tutter

Post by Tutter »

I am new to this process and live in Sandwelll but am applying to B'ham grammar schools. Do we need to fill in any additional forms other than the CAF as my DD has already sat the B'ham consortium exams.