extra info

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hopefuldad7

Re: extra info

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Hi

Any idea is this is actually going ahead or just at planning stage?

Thanks
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Hopefuldad7 wrote:Hi

Thanks
I spoke to Mr Roden about this at chb and he said it's highly possible with a knowing smile. It could mean cut off scores for chb being comparable to chg in future?
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Bob1892 wrote:
Hopefuldad7 wrote:Hi

Thanks
I spoke to Mr Roden about this at chb and he said it's highly possible with a knowing smile. It could mean cut off scores for chb being comparable to chg in future?

Sorry for my ignorance but what is chb/chg and who is Mr Roden?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Camp Hill Boys/ Camp Hill Girls / Head teacher at Camp Hill Boys
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

moseleymum wrote:Camp Hill Boys/ Camp Hill Girls / Head teacher at Camp Hill Boys

Thank you . I am a newbie so still learning. Thank you for your patience!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

We discussed this before on here: there hasn't been a change of the PAN (that's Published Admission Number Hopefuldad7 :wink: ). If they were planning a new form then surely he would be upfront about it rather than mysterious, wouldn't he. I find Mr Roden's response rather odd: either they are planning an extra class next year, or they are not, or they hope to but are not sure if it is finalised. He could have just said one of those things rather than give coded facial expressions.

Are you sure you are not reading more into it than he intended? Or can anyone shed any light based on the info they got in their letters?
UmSusu
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

UmSusu wrote:We discussed this before on here: there hasn't been a change of the PAN (that's Published Admission Number Hopefuldad7 :wink: ). If they were planning a new form then surely he would be upfront about it rather than mysterious, wouldn't he. I find Mr Roden's response rather odd: either they are planning an extra class next year, or they are not, or they hope to but are not sure if it is finalised. He could have just said one of those things rather than give coded facial expressions.

Are you sure you are not reading more into it than he intended? Or can anyone shed any light based on the info they got in their letters?
To be fair I caught him on the hop and I think I put him under a bit of pressure- especially as there were other parents around. I don't think he wanted to commit to be fair, particularly as it wasn't probably finalised at the time if it is to be at all.
AK loving Dad

Post by AK loving Dad »

There is no way this is not going to happen. The Consortium would not even have broached this unless it is going to happen.
Scale is not known, however QMGS increased their intake from 96 to 112 - not quite a "new class". So it will be something similar. CHB also indicated to me that this is "very possible". I suspect it is with someone for final sign off. CHB also told me cut offs could drop as a result.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I see, thanks Bob and AK.

Yes, cut-off scores would drop in that case. This is going to make it even more difficult for those near the borderline scores.
UmSusu
80's girl

Post by 80's girl »

I spoke to a lovely lady at chb regarding my son's score and she said there was a strong possibility that there would be more grammar school places next year. When I questioned how this would help him as he wanted to go to there but I was concerned about the 6 mark jump last year, she implied this may well include camphill? She said to look out for an announcement regarding this on the birmingham grammar school website sounded pretty imminent :?:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now