CHB - Travelling from Sutton Coldfield

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumarsAt42

CHB - Travelling from Sutton Coldfield

Post by kumarsAt42 »

All,

Any of you know anyone travelling from in and around Sutton Coldfield to CHB?

Just want to know about the travell experience and best possible travel option for commute?

2 Bus change (or) Train to Bournville and 1 bus change?

This will help us to decide.

Thanks
sasa

Re: CHB - Travelling from Sutton Coldfield

Post by sasa »

My DD travels to CHG from Sutton. Last year there was a Green Bus but that was cancelled, so this this year and she a group of others travel together on the train to Bournville and get the 27 bus from there to school.

So far we have found our DD gets home up to 45 minutes earlier than she did last year on the Green Bus!! It seems to be more reliable, and MUCH cheaper than the Green Bus ever was.

It's working out very well, and there are boys that travel on the route too - from Sutton/Wylde Green I think as well as my DDs group of 7 from Four Oaks/Wylde Green.

Hope that helps.
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

My ds had been travelling with the green bus to get to CHB for the last three years. When the service was cancelled he now takes a bus into B'ham city centre and then one to kings Heath, which drops him right outside CHB. He leaves roughly at 7.15 in the morning and gets to school at 8. 20 approx. we are in the wylde green/Sutton Coldfield area.

I was hugely in favour of the green bus and was so gutted when it was cancelled, yes it was definitely more expensive, I agree sasa that the alternative is MUCH cheaper, but for my peace of mind and my child's safety I was happy paying for the service.

I don't know what chance there is of the service being restarted but I would be definitely be happy to use it again ..esp since we're considering CHB for ds2!
kumarsAt42

Post by kumarsAt42 »

Amelia wrote:My ds had been travelling with the green bus to get to CHB for the last three years. When the service was cancelled he now takes a bus into B'ham city centre and then one to kings Heath, which drops him right outside CHB. He leaves roughly at 7.15 in the morning and gets to school at 8. 20 approx. we are in the wylde green/Sutton Coldfield area.

I was hugely in favour of the green bus and was so gutted when it was cancelled, yes it was definitely more expensive, I agree sasa that the alternative is MUCH cheaper, but for my peace of mind and my child's safety I was happy paying for the service.

I don't know what chance there is of the service being restarted but I would be definitely be happy to use it again ..esp since we're considering CHB for ds2!
Thanks for the info..
firebrand1

Post by firebrand1 »

I think to Bournville and then the 27 bus is the best route but the alternatives are a mile walk up from Bournville; carry on to kings norton and get the 11 bus to school and (apparently) get off at selly oak and get the 76 bus to school.