Who chooses?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CuriousDuo

Who chooses?

Post by CuriousDuo »

Our ds is over the QS score for camphill boys last year by 10 marks and scored 354 in the walsall consortium. Our ds loves king edwards camphill but QM is just so much closer.We have not yet completed the la forum he wants to put camphill first but we really want him to go to QM as he has an older brother in year 9 there.So my question is shall we let him choose which school he goes to or shall we.Any reply much appreciated.
sbarnes

Re: Who chooses?

Post by sbarnes »

What is the journey to camp hill from your home? Remember winter time journey too. As you are asking for opinions, I would suggest parents have the final say in the choice.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Get him to try out the journey, and then to think that he'll be doing it twice a day, 5 days a week, year round, for 7 years, even when it's cold/dark/wet. Remind him that his friends are less likely to be local, and he'll have less time for social activities anyway as he'll be spending more time travelling. And then see if the answer is still the same.
CuriousDuo

Post by CuriousDuo »

stbarnes the journey from our house is 1 hr on the bus but the advantage is the hospital next to camp hill boys is where his father works.Okanagan we will be trying out what you have said but his dad has said if it's wet he will take him but he will have to take the bus home.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Tell him QMGS is a very good school, his brother goes there, and unless he has a very compelling reason as to why he should go to Camp Hill, he will be too. He is 11 years old and likely doesn't decide what he is having for dinner. You are the parent, you decide.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Hi all.....This is my first message. Good luck to everyone. I heard that after some time (may be Christmas), we can call the schools to ask about the cutoffs. They won't/can't tell the exact position for our children. But knowing the cutoff for each school will be a great help.

Is this true? Anyone knows about this?
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Hmm a bit tricky. Since his brother goes to QMGS your DS going there would be ideal. Other than the travel times etc discuss with him about why he prefers camphill more?Yes considering their age parents should have the final say. I think if he feels very strongly about Camphill and gets very upset over having to choose QMGS maybe you should consider putting Camphill first.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now