Planning to put KE five ways, Aston and Bishop Vesey on LEA

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Optimist

Re: Planning to put KE five ways, Aston and Bishop Vesey on

Post by Optimist »

We are planning to put BV first. We live in North Warwickshire and DS will have a choice of two train trips, each requiring DS to to take two trains.

Is there anyone here whose DS takes the 7.35am from Lichfield to Sutton. Is it reliable, and is it safe. Also the Sutton to Lichfield leaves at 4.25pm. Are there any parents who can tell me how reliable and safe this journey is too.

I would think of Aston, but my concern is the walk from Aston station to the school. I am not sure how long the walk is, but I have visited the school and the surrounding area did look a little daunting for my "sheltered" son.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Have you considered the bus, as Sutton is well served by buses and I believe there is a service from Sutton to Lichfield, the 112, which maybe more convenient than waiting in Sutton for an hour after school.

There is a green bus from Aston station to school and back after school.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Happy dad wrote:Have you considered the bus, as Sutton is well served by buses and I believe there is a service from Sutton to Lichfield, the 112, which maybe more convenient than waiting in Sutton for an hour after school.

There is a green bus from Aston station to school and back after school.

Thanks Happy dad. DS's train arrives at Lichfield Trent Valley. The 112 departs from Lichfield City Stn.

Our other option is a direct train to Bgham New Street, and then New St to Sutton. This is a more frequent service.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

What is the school start time at BV
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

From memory think start is 0830 and finish at 1525. Trains run pretty much every ten minutes to New Street. I have seen BV pupils on the platform at New Street in the morning.
knotmum

Post by knotmum »

You may want to think about time spent waiting on platforms, especially in winter. There are 6 trains an hour from Sutton to new st, but only 4 an hour to Lichfield. Of these only 2 trains go to LTV. Whilst Lichfield city station is ok to wait at, Trent valley is really open and exposed. Having said that, Lots of boys get the train to BV from Lichfield city though, mostly the 7.50 train but I expect others may travel earlier.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Thanks for this.

To any BV parents out there can they please clarify the start times at BV. Ie rhe times the boys must be at registration.

Edited BVGS confirmed the school day is 845 to 1525.