WGS results 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Turtlegirl

Re: WGS results 2013

Post by Turtlegirl »

Our boy was offered a place too. No bursary or scholarship, alas. So now we're hoping even more that the QMGS qualifying score doesn't rise massively. If there'd been a bit of financial help we might have considered - seems to have great language options & I liked that it is a mixed school.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Turtle girl if you don't mind me asking did they give you a score or any info on the acceptance process? My letter was very brief.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Hi Wolves Mum. Not much detail. Certainly no score. But as he didn't get a bursary or scholarship offer, I'm guessing he wasn't in the top ten?twenty? And the process seems to be that if you want a place you send them a deposit a week after the LA places are awarded. I expect they have a lot of students they've offered places to who end up at a free grammar school!
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

Same for us.
Diamond123

Post by Diamond123 »

Hi all, I was wondering myself why WGS do not give a score of how our child performed I n the assessment compared to all the children who applied!My DS got offered a place but no scholarship also and likewise 'see you in Sept' letter or reply by 7th March if accepting the offer or not. I agree a bit presumptuous that our child will go there.... :). I wonder if 10 academic scholarships were indeed offered to the top 10%?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Diamond123 wrote:Hi all, I was wondering myself why WGS do not give a score of how our child performed I n the assessment compared to all the children who applied!My DS got offered a place but no scholarship also and likewise 'see you in Sept' letter or reply by 7th March if accepting the offer or not. I agree a bit presumptuous that our child will go there.... :). I wonder if 10 academic scholarships were indeed offered to the top 10%?

Other fee paying schools also do not give a score e.g KES/KEHS.
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

Some do, e.g. Tettenhall College.

Regarding 10% threshold for scholarship, what does that mean? Why does 10 scholarships mean 10%? 10% of what?
Diamond123

Post by Diamond123 »

In regards to last post, my meaning was top 10 academic scholarships offered.....not 10% as we do not know how many sat the test and if I am right it looked well over 200 and only 10 academic scholarships were provided.......A friends son was offered no bursary (financial help) as so many had applied!! :?