Possible Qualifying Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nicolajane1971

Re: Possible Qualifying Scores

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Good happy dad, will have everything crossed for your DS.
CheekyMonkey

Post by CheekyMonkey »

AK loving Dad wrote:
Thanks CM.

Does anyone know what the respective yearly split was between boys and girls for each of the years please?

I think it was 2400 boys to 2122 girls last year.

This will no doubt exert upwards pressure on cut offs and have some effect in countering the increased spaces being made available.

With Thanks,
AK.
Hi AK,

I can confirm for 2012 there were 2087 girls and 2266 boys who took the exam.

It seems that there was more of a relative increase of boys (+100) taking the exam this year (2013) compared to girls than in 2012. From this I guess we can deduce that the girls school will see a slightly more of qualifying scores drop than the boys....time will tell.

Thanks

CheekyMonkey
goodmanj

Post by goodmanj »

I really hope your figures/stats are correct! They have made me less nervous, but still feel we are very tight for sutton girls on 215. Only time will tell ! I'm actually dreading offer day already & we still have weeks to go. My nerves will be so shattered by then I will be physically unable to log on to my email!!
um

Post by um »

7 weeks and 1 day :D

I've booked a trip to the Butterfly Farm for dd and the little ones that day so she forgets about it :wink:

I hope to receive the email at some point in the morning while surrounded by butterflies...
z-g

Post by z-g »

Really nervous now :|, Will DS get in or not get in? that's all am thinking about.
Sunflower2

Post by Sunflower2 »

Really nervous too! Hope scores goes down!! Before I was picking and choosing. Never taught DD will score so low. Now I am just desperate for entry into anyone of the grammar schools. Good luck to all in March.
CheekyMonkey

Post by CheekyMonkey »

Some more good news for you Goodmanj (....and others too), it looks like that SCGSG will also be following suit as the KE schools as they too are increasing their school admission numbers for Sept 2014.....wait for it......from 150 to 180.

I hope this will put many parents mind at ease. Good luck.

CheekyMonkey
Salander

Post by Salander »

Wow, looks like the girls scores will definitely nose-dive a little this year!
But where will they put another 30 girls? SCGSG already looks very cramped when visiting on open days?
Great news for those with borderline scores.
esam99

Post by esam99 »

I can only assume Wolverhampton Girls' High School will also increase their Published Admissions Numbers (PAN) as they are undertaking various renovations/improvement {http://wghs-smart.org.uk/category/bsfblog/}. This work is due to be completed in July 2014, ready for the new Year 7’s in Sept 2014. Hence, all further drops in scores in the region.

I am not sure if other region's selective schools are increasing their places?
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

I think you will see this repeated around the country as Grammars have to increase PAN because of ludicrous policy that won't allow new grammar schools to be opened.