11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kanamm

Re: KES phone call for interview

Post by kanamm »

Congrats to everyone who received a call! No call for us ! Fingers crossed
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Wow . .well done to those who received a scholarship interview!!

Will keep fingers crossed for those still waiting.
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Good luck to all those lucky enough to have interviews tomoz. Still hoping for a phone call for an AP. Let us know how the interviews go. Hope your DS's aren't anxious about them. All the best. X
dua

Post by dua »

No calls at this end!! Good luck to all those who did. Are they still calling or have they stopped now & just interviewing now?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I would expect they make calls into the beginning of next week as they usually only contact interviewees a couple of days in advance.

Don't lose hope yet: it's early days still.
UmSusu
dua

Post by dua »

Thanks for ur reply. Apparently all scholars have been called now! This week they r calling AP candidates followed by borderline! We have applied for an AP. Let's see what happens! Getting really nervous for my son. He has worked hard & so have we! To be honest he had his hopes up high for the scholarship. His tutor also said he stands a good chance of getting a scholarship. I wish we hadn't heard that now! Lol!
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

dua wrote:Thanks for ur reply. Apparently all scholars have been called now! This week they r calling AP candidates followed by borderline! We have applied for an AP. Let's see what happens! Getting really nervous for my son. He has worked hard & so have we! To be honest he had his hopes up high for the scholarship. His tutor also said he stands a good chance of getting a scholarship. I wish we hadn't heard that now! Lol!
Has the school confirmed this?
dua

Post by dua »

Silly as it is I rang the school yesterday & was told that so far the headmaster has given out the list of those he wants to invite for the scholarship interviews. Unfortunately my son's name wasn't on it. However, he may or may not add more names on that list. They started calling people since last Thursday & boys for the scholarships are being interviewed now. They will now be forming a list of APs & borderline over next two weeks.
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

dua wrote:Silly as it is I rang the school yesterday & was told that so far the headmaster has given out the list of those he wants to invite for the scholarship interviews. Unfortunately my son's name wasn't on it. However, he may or may not add more names on that list. They started calling people since last Thursday & boys for the scholarships are being interviewed now. They will now be forming a list of APs & borderline over next two weeks.

Won't lie I did think of calling the school a few times myself :D . No call for us yet and we have not applied for AP so fingers crossed for a pass for DS.
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

It would be very interesting to know the 'standard' of the boys being called for interview (scholarship/AP). I know from my eldest that the boys who were called for scholarship were the very top of the tree in their primary schools and I reckon 260+ level for scores in the consortium 11+ (total guess btw but all received camp hill offers). I also know a boy who scored highly enough for camp hill who didn't make the grade for an AP (a few years ago). Knowing this kind of info would certainly help manage expectations! I know the exams are not totally comparable due to the extended writing etc. but it would be interesting none the less. I'm aware the foundation have sent out letters to all those who took the grammar school test encouraging them to apply to the private schools due to the increased numbers of AP. I can't help thinking that a large number of those have no chance if they didn't score enough for the grammars although they may have been ill or freaked out etc. so it may raise peoples' hopes. I heard from a friend today who has a son in the sixth form that as many as half of the 830 applicants have applied for an assisted place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now